Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Giants are fucked!

Stoners are worthless padrefanforever's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: Giants are fucked!

Yeah never mind that he's one of the best game caller in the game, brings a veteran leadership presence, and would step in and be able to handle one of the best pitching staffs in baseball instantly....... For sure his BA is the biggest deal of all

Hey LTR contrary to my normal hate the Giants posts.......I actually like Posey and how he plays the game.......but I think you are understating how important the ankle is to Catcher. Knees and Ankles are it.....when they go they are gone.....the best Dr's in the world can't make him 100% again. I really hope for his sake that he's able to play at the same level, but I don't see it happening. I think, like Mauer, he's destined for 1b sooner than later
    Bring back the Chicken !!

Play Ball at Planet Padres

MLB ERA

Good point that he's one of the best in history. They should sign Johnny Bench.

MLB ERA

Yeah lets make those comments since one is still playing the other isn't How about Mickey Cochrane, or Jack Lapp? Maybe they could squat right ? Good call

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by padrefanforever View Post
    Yeah lets make those comments since one is still playing the other isn't How about Mickey Cochrane, or Jack Lapp? Maybe they could squat right ? Good call
    Obviously the point was just because somebody is an all time great doesn't necessarily mean they'll be useful playing today.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Yeah never mind that he's one of the best game caller in the game, brings a veteran leadership presence, and would step in and be able to handle one of the best pitching staffs in baseball instantly....... For sure his BA is the biggest deal of all

Hey LTR contrary to my normal hate the Giants posts.......I actually like Posey and how he plays the game.......but I think you are understating how important the ankle is to Catcher. Knees and Ankles are it.....when they go they are gone.....the best Dr's in the world can't make him 100% again. I really hope for his sake that he's able to play at the same level, but I don't see it happening. I think, like Mauer, he's destined for 1b sooner than later
    Pudge over the past three seasons has hit no better than Eli Whiteside and doesn't know our staff. We are better off just throwing Whiteside out there. Pudge is washed up and makes no sense for the Giants to obtain. Whiteside is good defensively and better yet, knows the staff. This team needs offense and Pudge doesn't provide that.

I understand fully well that the legs of a catcher are extremely important but I also understand just how long Posey will have to recover and how young he is. I am not worried in the least bit and I am definitely not worried about it affecting his swing.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    Obviously the point was just because somebody is an all time great doesn't necessarily mean they'll be useful playing today.
    Right because if someone is great, and still playing, they certainly couldn't be useful Nice point

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Pudge over the past three seasons has hit no better than Eli Whiteside and doesn't know our staff. We are better off just throwing Whiteside out there. Pudge is washed up and makes no sense for the Giants to obtain. Whiteside is good defensively and better yet, knows the staff. This team needs offense and Pudge doesn't provide that.
    Fair enough

MLB ERA
    Right because if someone is great, and still playing, they certainly couldn't be useful Nice point
    That Trevor Hoffman signing worked out real well for the Brewers.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Yeah never mind that he's one of the best game caller in the game
    Quite the opposite. By all accounts, he's one of the worst game callers. Let the Giants have him.

MLB ERA
    So, so long as theplayer is signed he'll forever be as good as he was in his prime?

Awesome. The Padres should bring Tony back.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFanatic View Post
    That Trevor Hoffman signing worked out real well for the Brewers.
    comparing an over the hill reliever that can't hit 88mph anymore going from Petco to the Brewer bandbox

Fantastically horrible comparison......wouldn't expect anything else from you though

MLB ERA

So, so long as theplayer is signed he'll forever be as good as he was in his prime?

Awesome. The Padres should bring Tony back.
    Right which I way I spoke of his great bat and amazing arm

LTR is the ONLY person to actually come up with a legit reason for NOT bothering with this.....to which I replied "fair enough" as odd as that was.......the rest of the posts about not bringing in Pug are just stupid and flat wrong

MLB ERA
    comparing an over the hill reliever that can't hit 88mph anymore going from Petco to the Brewer bandbox Fantastically horrible comparison......wouldn't expect anything else from you though
    But...he's a great and he was still playing. By your argument he should have done well.

in fact we should bring him back to San Diego in a playing capacity while bringing Tony back as well.

MLB ERA
    Right which I way I spoke of his great bat and amazing arm
    LTR is the ONLY person to actually come up with a legit reason for NOT bothering with this.....to which I replied "fair enough" as odd as that was.......the rest of the posts about not bringing in Pug are just stupid and flat wrong
    LTR made the exact same counter-argument I have been making minus the sarcasm.

MLB ERA

But...he's a great and he was still playing. By your argument he should have done well.

in fact we should bring him back to San Diego in a playing capacity while bringing Tony back as well.
    Oh yes my suggestion for Pug should be a blanket that also includes pitchers going from notoriously pitcher friendly parks to the bandbox central......nice call.....

Hell Tony could probably still hit better than any current Padre, minus the Cancer eating him up.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast