Thread: Belt Makes The Team!!!!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Giants Belt Makes The Team!!!!

Brandon Belt has made the Giants' Opening Day roster and will start at first base.
    Aubrey Huff will move out to right field. The Giants might have saved some money in the long run by keeping Belt in the minors for another few months, but the 22-year-old earned the roster spot with a strong showing at the plate this spring and he should add a nice element of pop to the San Francisco lineup.
    The Belt era has begun! Ishikawa was waived to make room which sucks but Belt is better defensively and a much better hitter. He supposedly cried when Bochy told him. If Ross didn't strain his calf, I doubt this would have happened. When Ross gets back, the Giants will have another decision to make between Rowand and Schierholz.

Dan Runzler also made the team as the long man and Marc Kroon was released after getting the win today. Kroon looked good this spring and should be able to find work pretty quickly.

I'm pretty fucking pumped!!

MLB ERA

Re: Belt Makes The Team!!!!

I'd say depending on how much of an impact Belt has, try to trade Rowand before Ross comes back from the DL(wishful thinking)

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Belt Makes The Team!!!!

Rowand had a poor spring so no one is really interested in him despite us eating over 75% of his salary. I am hoping for a flat out release if nothing else can be done.