Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bonds trial to begin March 21st

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk View Post
    Ruth's career high of 60 is a little more consistent with respect to the rest of his career batting than Gonzo's career high of 57, dude.
    Career high is a career high.

MLB ERA

Re: Bonds trial to begin March 21st

I know sports fans will defend their own to the very end (mine was Rose) but come on man. There's no comparing Babe's 60 with Gonzalez's 52 or Bonds 35+. Babe constantly rose the bar for himself.

Barry found something to get him to Babe's level. Babe from 1920 until 1932 averaged a homer less than every 13 abs. Including 4 years with an ave of 10 or fewer abs between homers. Bonds doesn't even approach in a non-strike year (112 games) until 2000 at the age of 35. I'm sorry power doesn't suddenly reveal itself. And doesn't get BETTER at 35, it naturally declines. Babe made a career of being an elite power guy.

Babe's 4 best years:
    1927 at 32 with 60 homers, 9.0 abs per homer
    1921 at 26 with 59 homers, 9.2 abs per homer
    1920 at 25 with 54 homers, 8.5 abs per homer
    1928 at 33 with 54 homers, 9.9 abs per homer

All YOUNGER than Bonds' 73.
    HollywoodLeo: You and Kingdom always annoy me
    "Oh, don't mind me, I'm rebuilding now" then you win at least 80 games

RIP S3SL Minnesota Twins.

RIP HSL Anaheim Angels

Rebuilding the Dodger Blues
    Renewed Start back in the land of 10,000 lakes

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFanatic View Post
    Career high is a career high.
    So, you don't see the difference between jumping from 20-30 HRs/year to 57 HRs and hitting 40-50 per year and having a career best of 60...a full one home run over his previous career best at age 26?

Are you purposely being obtuse?
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Barry Bonds 'threatened to tear out my breast implants because he paid for them', claims slugger's mistress in steroid abuse case

By Daily Mail Reporter
    Last updated at 9:43 AM on 29th March 2011

The former mistress of embattled home run champion Barry Bonds gave an explicit testimony today, stating that the ball player’s body changed shape and his mood shifted during their relationship – all evidence that prosecutors are saying is a result of steroid abuse.

An often tearful Kimberly Bell told the U.S. District Court in San Francisco that Bonds threatened ‘to cut my head off and leave me in a ditch,’ and that during their nine-year relationship he suffered from impotence, hair loss and acne, which are all known side effects of steroid use.

She also said that Bonds threatened to ‘tear out my breast implants because he had paid for them.’

Bell told the court that Bonds admitted to her that he was using steroids when she asked him about an injury to his elbow.

‘He said it was because of the steroids, because it somehow caused the muscle and tendons to grow faster than the joint could handle, it sort of blew out,’ Bell said on Monday.

Bonds’ testicles took an ‘unusual shape’ according to Bell, who added that the former San Francisco Giants star’s sexual performance declined over their relationship and that he ‘had trouble keeping an erection.’

She added that Bonds grew and shaved off chest hair and developed acne on his back.

‘He was just increasingly aggressive, irritable, agitated, very impatient - almost violent. It was emotional and verbal to at one point physical,’ Bell told the court Monday.

A model who posed nude in Playboy magazine in November 2007, Bell was called as a witness for the prosecution.

Defence attorney Cristina Arguedas attempted to paint her as an unreliable witness and an opportunist who profited off of her relationship with Bonds.

Bell did admit that their relationship did ultimately benefit her financially. On top of the Playboy appearance, for which she was paid $100,000, she did a number of interviews and inked a book deal.

Prior to her testimony this morning, San Francisco Giants clubhouse manager Mike Murphy took the stand and stated that Bonds needed a larger hat during the 2002 season. Head growth is another side effect of use of human growth hormone.

In addition to telling her that he was in fact using steroids, Bell said that Bonds spoke of steroid use amongst many major league ballplayers.

‘He mentioned that other players do it and that's how they got ahead, that's how they achieved,’ she said.

The couple met in 1993 and embarked on a nine- year relationship which continued after Bonds married his second wife Liz Watson in 1998.

Prosecutors are attempting to prove that Bonds lied about steroid abuse in to a grand jury testimony in 2003, when the Bay Area Laboratory Co-Operative was being investigated. The company’s head has pleaded guilty to supplying pro athletes with steroids.

Bonds is accused of four counts of making false statements and one of obstruction.

The home run record holder has pleaded not guilty to the charges that he lied to the court about knowingly using steroids he maintains that his trainer Greg Anderson supplied him with flaxseed oil, vitamins, protein shakes and creams, which he never questioned.

The slugger holds the single-season record for home runs, with 73 total homers in the 2001 season. By the time he retired from professional baseball in 2007 Bonds had shattered Hank Aaron's record of 755 career home runs.
    Only fitting that if Bonds doesn't have testicles, she doesn't get to have breasts.

Stoners are worthless padrefanforever's Avatar
    MLB ERA

When did you stoop to PFF level?
    There is nothing wrong with standing up for what is right.....And never confuse that with stooping.....Where this topic is and always has been concerned, stooping is to bend over, spread your cheeks, and defend a lying, disgusting, cheater with ones head squarely inserted up their rectum... Congrats to those that are still doing that
    Bring back the Chicken !!

Play Ball at Planet Padres

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    I know sports fans will defend their own to the very end (mine was Rose) but come on man. There's no comparing Babe's 60 with Gonzalez's 52 or Bonds 35+. Babe constantly rose the bar for himself.

Barry found something to get him to Babe's level. Babe from 1920 until 1932 averaged a homer less than every 13 abs. Including 4 years with an ave of 10 or fewer abs between homers. Bonds doesn't even approach in a non-strike year (112 games) until 2000 at the age of 35. I'm sorry power doesn't suddenly reveal itself. And doesn't get BETTER at 35, it naturally declines. Babe made a career of being an elite power guy.

Babe's 4 best years:
    1927 at 32 with 60 homers, 9.0 abs per homer
    1921 at 26 with 59 homers, 9.2 abs per homer
    1920 at 25 with 54 homers, 8.5 abs per homer
    1928 at 33 with 54 homers, 9.9 abs per homer

All YOUNGER than Bonds' 73.
    Rose was a bit different, and there is a solution for his mess. Rose the player w/o question belongs in the HOF, but Rose the Manager belongs banned from the game for life for his actions. They were two separate careers that should be treated as such. There is no way that he belongs around the game anymore, but that was due to something that occurred after his playing days were over.

What I always tell people is this. If Rose had waited to manage until 6 years after he was out of baseball, and had already been inducted into the HOF for his on field accomplishments, then did what he did as a manager, would they rip him out of the HOF ? Of course the answer is no...... So there is no reason why he shouldn't be in the HOF, then banned for life from the game.

Bonds flat out cheated for years, and tainted baseball record books. Then the dumbass lied to a grand jury like a doucheballoon .......time for him to pay the piper

MLB ERA

Rose deserves to be in the HOF for sure.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    So, you don't see the difference between jumping from 20-30 HRs/year to 57 HRs and hitting 40-50 per year and having a career best of 60...a full one home run over his previous career best at age 26?

Are you purposely being obtuse?
    Players can't get better over time.

That is the most ignorant/stupid thing I have ever read on this forum, ever. And I've been here since day 1.
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by General View Post
    That is the most ignorant/stupid thing I have ever read on this forum, ever. And I've been here since day 1.
    Consider who said it and it's sadly par for the course...

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by General View Post
    Okay, you want a cookie? Dumb fuck

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by padrefanforever View Post
    Consider who said it and it's sadly par for the course...
    Right................

Bonds trial to begin March 21st-1297238791631-jpg
    "Players can't get better over time." -GiantsFanatic

MLB ERA

And it continues to impress

MLB ERA
    Ruth didn't get better. He just hit an extra home run. He was that good his entire career, save maybe the last few years.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast