Thread: Jeff Suppan

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Giants Jeff Suppan

According to Andrew Baggarly of the San Francisco Chronicle, the Giants are close to signing Jeff Suppan to a minor league contract.
    The deal would reportedly pay Suppan $1 million if he makes the team and includes an opt-out clause in late-March if he is not on the Opening Day roster. The 36-year-old Suppan had a 5.06 ERA last season, but at least finished strong as a member of the Cardinals, posting a 3.84 ERA over 70 1/3 innings after joining the team in June. He would function as insurance for the starting rotation in San Francisco.
    Its good to finally see the Giants address the 6th starter problem. Suppan is a veteran who can start and relieve so I like it from that stand point. I hope the Giants sign some more guys or make a trade for Galarraga to create some competition for the spot.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Jeff Suppan

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Suppan is a veteran who can start and relieve so I like it from that stand point.
    That's the Cardinals fan in you talking.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Jeff Suppan

No, its the Giants fan in me knowing we needed some depth and the Giants have failed all offseason to get some, even minor league free agents.