Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2010 World Champions

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Giants 2010 World Champions

******* it feels great to say it and now type it!! The Giants brought one home to San Fran and it came against all odds. No one picked the Giants to beat the Phillies, we did. No one predicted us to beat the Rangers, we did. The Misfits came through. Hide the knives and guns from Mofo!! Bochy did a great job and our pitching shut down two great offenses this postseason. Ross lighting it up and then passing the torch to Renteria? Never would have guessed that one. It was a long season of torture but the torture is now over and til next March, we are World Champs!!

MLB ERA

Re: 2010 World Champions

The greatest feeling in the world is when everyone doubted your team and yet you managed to overcome all that and win the whole ****ing shit!!!!!! Also to add to this joys of tears were that there weren't that much expected from this team!!!!!

LTR I'm glad your a fellow Giants fan!!!!! A true one!!! My friend on FB said this
    Sumir is the only cat I know that (IS AND HAS) been a Giants fan! Since when did everybody else started jumping on this wagon. Oh yeah about a half hour ago! Just calling it how I see it through these updates. DON'T GET MAD! (LOL)

Give Me Some Wieters
    Rookie ERA

They say pitching wins championships and surely the Giants have that, but it was the likes of Renteria, Ross, Huff, Posey and others that got the job done. Congratulations.

Rookie ERA

Thought maybe you Giants fans might appreciate this link from a FB page.....cool shots of the crowds at the parade there is even one of Bochy carrying the trophy.

Giants Pride Parade in SF.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Hall of Famers Willie Mays, Willie McCovey, Gaylord Perry and Orlando Cepeda received their World Series rings at the end to a rousing ovation. Juan Marichal and Monte Irvin weren't on hand and will get their rings later.
    Read more: World Series champion Giants receive rings

Only the fucking Giants would give out rings to guys who didn't earn them. Why don't they just complete the mockery by sending one to Bonds as well?
    Last edited by realmofotalk; 04-09-2011 at 11:37 PM.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Giants gave rings to John Bowker and Fred Lewis so why not HOFers who are apart of the Giants in some capacity.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

In what capacity did the long retired Gaylord Perry and Juan Marichal fill for the 2010 Giants team? At least with Bowker and Lewis, they were active players in the organization at some point last year.

If Elgin Baylor and Don Mattingly didn't get a championship ring for retiring a year too early, what entitles the Giants to make an exception for their HOFers? I thought the whole point of the legacy of HOF players who have never won a ring is that the moment they retire, they will never get one (what a concept, I know) unless they end up coaching or GM-ing a team to a championship.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Lewis didn't play one single out last year so I don't see how its any different. Perry and Marichal have those cushy jobs with the Giants just like Mays and McCovey. Quit your crying.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Even if you deny that Lewis' job as a fill-in player from the Triple-A club was more important to the 2010 Giants' than the token positions of Perry and Marichal, your argument is that two wrongs make a right.

MLB ERA

Does it really matter who they give rings to? I don't see why bitching over it, unless you worked for them and they ignored intentionally.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk View Post
    Even if you deny that Lewis' job as a fill-in player from the Triple-A club was more important to the 2010 Giants' than the token positions of Perry and Marichal, your argument is that two wrongs make a right.
    Lewis wasn't a fill in player. He was shipped to Toronto. My argument isn't that two wrongs make a right, its that I really don't care. Its not like these guys are going to be flaunting a ring they didn't earn.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFanatic View Post
    Does it really matter who they give rings to? I don't see why bitching over it, unless you worked for them and they ignored intentionally.
    Yes, it does matter who they give rings to. Otherwise, what's the point of rooting for or against someone like LeBron, for example, to win his first ring if, say, the year 2034 Miami Heat hands him one regardless?

MLB ERA

So? I mean if he gets a ring in 2034 and never wins one while he's playing, would that make him a champion in my eyes or even the public's eyes? Probably not, but do I care who the Heat give rings to? No, because it doesn't matter, its the organization choice who they give it to. I don't see what the big deal is. Unless the fat fuck Tommy Lasorda has a problem(shocking).

MLB ERA

I think they should give rings to the fans as well.
    LeagueTeamyearsRecordWild CardDivisionPennantsTitles
    MSLSan Diego Padres2034-20592,217-1,9951631
    TBLArizona Diamondbacks2005-20181,216-1,0531963
    TSSLSan Diego Padres2015-2021, 2024-20281,017-9280732
    TSSLTexas Rangers2029-2033396-4140000

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFanatic View Post
    So? I mean if he gets a ring in 2034 and never wins one while he's playing, would that make him a champion in my eyes or even the public's eyes? Probably not, but do I care who the Heat give rings to? No, because it doesn't matter, its the organization choice who they give it to.
    Well, I can at least agree that it doesn't make him a champion in our eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by HollywoodLeo View Post
    I think they should give rings to the fans as well.
    Fuck yes to that. I'm tired of teams insisting their championship was "for the fans" when we all know they're just bullshitting us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast