Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1st Place And Loving It!!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Giants 1st Place And Loving It!!

The Giants FINALLY take over the West after getting so close and falling back time and time again. We are now in sole possession and hopefully it can stay that way. Sanchez threw a gem tonight striking out 12 in 7 IP and Bochy did us some good by sitting Pablo and playing Renteria. Edgar has been craving a chance to perform and he did by getting four hits out of the leadoff position. I wasn;t too happy about him hitting leadoff but he made me a believer and I think we might have found our solution at the leadoff spot against lefties. Torres going down really hurt us. Huff and Posey went back to back and Guillen even went 3-3. I hope Renteria gets more playing time against lefties with more Sandoval sitting. We will face some lefties against the Brew Crew this weekend so we will see. Great win and the time is now to stay on top of this division!!!

Rookie ERA

Re: 1st Place And Loving It!!

I'm rooting for San Diego in this one only because I think it would be very interesting to see the team that was predicted to finish dead last in the West this season come out and win it. Everyone had the Padres penned into the five spot before the year even started and they proved everyone wrong. Also, San Diego has never won a world series before. San Francisco has five. Granted, they haven't won a ring in over 50 years, but I still am hoping for the Pods to take the West.
    MIL Bucks
    Record: 0-0 (Offeseason)
    Conference Place: None
    MIL Brewers
    Record: 77-85
    NL Central Place: 3rd
    GB Packers
    Record: 3-1
    Division Place: Tied for 1st

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Baseball View Post
    Also, San Diego has never won a world series before. San Francisco has five.
    O RLY?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

With the way the Giants are playing, you might get your wish Mr. Baseball. How ****ing pathetic is this offense? You finally reach first place and how do you respond? By losing a series to the Brewers, that's how. These are games playoff teams should be winning.

Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk View Post
    O RLY?

I was counting the New York Giants as the same franchise. Prior to their move to San Francisco, they had five championships and they carried over. It's the same franchise playing in a new city.
    MIL Bucks
    MIL Brewers
    GB Packers

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

2nd place now.

Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    With the way the Giants are playing, you might get your wish Mr. Baseball. How ****ing pathetic is this offense? You finally reach first place and how do you respond? By losing a series to the Brewers, that's how. These are games playoff teams should be winning.
    The Brewers are a good team with Gallardo on the mound. Are issue this year has been pitching. We have one of the best offences in the National League, and with a good pitcher on the mound we go from a sub 500 club to a playoff team in terms of ability. You blew it against Wolf tho.
    MIL Bucks
    MIL Brewers
    GB Packers

MLB ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Baseball View Post
    I was counting the New York Giants as the same franchise. Prior to their move to San Francisco, they had five championships and they carried over. It's the same franchise playing in a new city.
    It's nitpicking, sure, but you said San Francisco has 5 when, in fact, they have none.

Had you said the Giants have 5 it would have been an accurate statement.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Technically speaking, yes the Giants have 5, but San Francisco fans have no bragging rights over it. The championships belong to New York.

P.S. I'll say the same thing about the Dodgers' first title belonging to Brooklyn, and the L.A. Lakers actual banner count should be 11 instead of 16.

It will come down to how well the Rockies can play on the road. They have been pathetic this season and have 8 out of there last 14 on the road including today's game. The Rockies have been performing by far the best out of the other NL West contenders. The Padres seem to be slipping in September going 7-10 and the Giants just plainly can't score runs.

4 runs in the first inning is just what the doctor ordered for the Giants.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I miss Andres Torres Good looking game so far and with the way our pitching has been, it will be hard for the Brewers to come back. Looks like we'll be back in first

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Giants are back in first Great win today with the Giants actually scoring runs. 9-2 with Guillen driving in six of those runs.

If the Giants can score like they did today they will be tough to beat by anyone.

Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles View Post
    If the Giants can score like they did today they will be tough to beat by anyone.
    The Giants were up against Chris Narveson, it's hard not to score against him.
    MIL Bucks
    MIL Brewers
    GB Packers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast