Thread: Giant Explosion! Time To Sweep!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Giants Giant Explosion! Time To Sweep!

The Giants have absolutely murdered the red hot Reds in the past two games and now look to sweep the first place Reds at home. I though Game 1's 11-2 victory was a beating but that was before I saw what happened tonight. Giants murdered Travis Wood and the Reds 16-5!! Freddy Sanchez has posted back to back 4 hit games, Sandoval is 6-9 with 7 RBI so far and Huff's bat is heating up as well. Matt Cain pitched a beauty in Game 1 but Sanchez didn't fare so well in Game 2. He tried his best to get the Reds back in it but thankfully the Giants offense keep going. 27 games in two games is just amazing. Hopefully we can keep things going with Bumgardner on the mound tomorrow. The Phillies, Cards and Braves all lost so we are now tied for the WC yet again Let's get us a sweep!!

Rookie ERA

Re: Giant Explosion! Time To Sweep!

Huff appears to be getting back to his old form, like he had as a Devil Ray. He is a bit of a sleaze but he was fun to watch when he was here and kind of got a raw deal at the end in the press and with fans.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Huff has been a real pleasure to watch and have this year. Not just because of his MVP numbers (I know he won't get it but should be in the conversation at least) but because of his spirit in the dugout. He is always high-fiving on the top step and really looks to be passionate and having fun. I was surprised we got him so cheap considering he was just a season removed from a 32 HR season. I hope we re-sign him because he is a great presence in the dugout and he is versatile. We wouldn't be sniffing the playoffs if it weren't for him.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

No sweep for us. Put the brooms up because the Reds are pouring it on

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I cannot believe we came back like we did!! We came back from 10-1 to go into extras and eventually lose it but still, wow!!. Giants were down five in the 8th only to score 6 and in the top of the 9th with one out, Panda throws the ball away allowing a runner to go to second and Wilson couldn't shut them down. Not going to say the Giants should have won because they shouldn;t have, but ******* they had a great shot. But when you make 5 errors, you shouldn't win. **** you Bumgardner and **** you Panda!!

Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    . He is always high-fiving on the top step and really looks to be passionate and having fun.

He was like that here but after years of losing and the Rays selling off all the “building pieces” he started to lose heart. Even though the fans were ready to crucify the former ownership when Huff finally started to speak out the fans vilified him for it.

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    but ******* they had a great shot. But when you make 5 errors, you shouldn't win. **** you Bumgardner and **** you Panda!!

Damn, you’re harsh!