Thread: Giants Get Cody Ross?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Giants Giants Get Cody Ross?

Giants claimed OF Cody Ross off waivers from the Marlins.
    The Giants are stacked in the outfield, but at least the price was right. San Francisco has Pat Burrell, Aaron Rowand and Jose Guillen as right-handed hitters and the switch-hitting Andres Torres picks up outfield at-bats against southpaws as well, so we aren't sure yet how playing time is ultimately going to shake out. As for Ross, he hit .263/.315/.404 in 483 plate appearances for Florida and is likely to see a decrease in at-bats now that he moves out west.
    I have no idea what the **** the Giants are doing anymore but we got Ross and for cheap. I am guessing this means the end of Nate Schierholtz's time in SF. Nate has never been given a real shot to start everyday but he did make the most of his playing time. He played great defense and did his best off the bench. Another option is Guillen might go to the DL so his leg can heal a little more. Ross plays great defense and might be a Giant beyond this year but who knows. I want to know if Rowand has been placed on waivers yet because we could really use his salary somewhat off the books. I know we would have to eat a lot but I think something could be done. So now we have acquired Guillen, Fontenot and Ross after the trade deadline when we could have done a lot better. Shame on you Sabean!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Giants Get Cody Ross?

Well Matt Downs was DFA'd to make room for Ross on the 40-man roster and Mota was put on the 15 day DL with what appears to be a bullshit injury to make for on the 25-man roster. Ross got a hit in his only AB in a routing of the Reds.