Thread: We Need a Bat And STAT

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Giants We Need a Bat And STAT

The Giants just lost 3 of 4 to the Braves who looked like a much superior team than we were. They could have swept if they didn't hand us game two on late inning errors. The Giants have a huge blackhole at second base right now with Sanchez and Bochy only yesterday decided to drop him in the order. We also need a first baseman to hit lefties. Our bullpen was improved at the deadline with Ramirez and Lopez so I am happy with that for now but we need some infield help. Hopefully someone like Kelly Johnson can fall to us giving us an infield of Uribe at 3b, Renteria, at SS, Johnson at 2b and Sandoval at 1B with the occasional Ishikawa start because he has earned it this year hitting well in limited play. We just need something because our schedule this month and next is brutal and Sanchez simply isn't cutting it.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: We Need a Bat And STAT

Reefy Rhymes. I dig it.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Guess Who's Back missionhockey21's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

What's happened to Sanchez? 2007 was obviously a mirage, but the dude's SLG% is sinking faster than Milton Bradley ruins a clubhouse. Its a shame that players like him get a contract, then continue to play with numbers like that while players with actual ability to hit at the MLB level right now sit in systems without a chance.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Yeah Sanchez has really been a huge disappointment with injuries and the fact he can't buy an extra base hit. I'm just glad we didn't give up much to get him since Alderson is getting tore up in AA for the Pirates. Problem is the Giants don't really have a true second baseman to replace him. We called up the all mighty Manny Burriss who is basically Sanchez 1.5. Singles hitters aren't that great. Rohlinger will hopefully be called back up and take over but for now Uribe should stay at 2B.