Thread: Madison Bumgarner sitting at 84, 85 mph

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Giants Madison Bumgarner sitting at 84, 85 mph

SPRING NOTES: Giants have glove issues, Lincecum tired of size questions, many more notes | Extra Baggs

Unfortunately for Bumgarner, those were the highlights of his day. You’ll read more about this in my notebook, but his velocity was just 86-89 mph – I even saw one 84 and a couple 85s – and he had no clue where it was going. He walked four of the 11 batters he faced and also gave up three hits.

It’s early and everyone is giving Bumgarner the benefit of the doubt. His stuff moves and he can be very effective throwing 88 mph. But another outing or two like this and it’ll be awfully hard to see him making the club.
    He was crazy good last year even without his mid-90's heater, but crafty instead of nasty wasn't what the Giants bargained for.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Re: Madison Bumgarner sitting at 84, 85 mph

Any clue what is going on here? I never saw this coming with him. I know he throws across his body and all, perhaps he is having arm problems? Maybe he is refining his mechanics in order to steer clear of the injury bug? I hope there is a reason for this. Bumgarner is a huge part of the Giants future.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Doesn't every pitcher pretty much throws across his body? How else is the throwing arm supposed to follow through?

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

sounds good to me