Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alou the Lone Star

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Alou the Lone Star

Moises Alou found out that he was going to play in the 2005 All Star game in Detroit. All of this coming on his 39th birthday. Congrats to Moises as he is hitting extremely well for the Giants. Just imagine if Bonds was in the lineup with him.

Ray Durham has turned his season around. He has just hit fifth homer of the year and is now hitting .286. And just think, we tried to trade him to the Mets for Kaz Matsui. Thank god the Mets are stupid. J.T. Snow is hitting a respectable .283 splitting time with Niekro at first. Niekro is hitting .291 and is third on the team in homers with nine. Tucker is now hitting .262 and could get some interest from other teams looking for a veteran outfielder.

Our young pitchers are looking really good. Jack Taschner has looked great since coming up. Scott Munter is doing great in his first year as he owns a 2.25 ERA. Kevin Corriea looked good in his first start as he got the win. No starter has an ERA under 5.

I expect Tomko to be traded as he has had a great secondhalf the past three seasons. He could do a lot of teams some good. Tomko and Tucker could make a good package to a team like the Nationals who could use a pitcher and an outfielder. Brian Sabean has given every indication that he wants to keep Schmidt and give him his team option for 2006.

Rookie
    Down in Kokomo, where we'll get there fast and then we'll take it slow.
    Rookie ERA
    I must say, I did support the signing of Alou (you had to figure putting him with his dad would only help a guy) but I never expected it to pan out like this. For a guy nearing 40, he's simply just crushing the ball. It's a shame we haven't been able to see what he and Bonds could of done together this season.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    It's a shame we haven't been able to see what he and Bonds could of done together this season.
    You sound like a closet Giants fan.

Rookie
    Rookie ERA
    Actually, not at all. Just a baseball fan. Bonds could of finally had his wingman and it's doubtful Alou can keep that level of performance up with father time coming about. Same with Bonds and well, essentially a majority of the Giants. I realize young players have came up and made an impact due to the injuries but it was a team built to win now and I would of liked to saw if they could.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Bonds had his wingman. His name is Jeff Kent.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Yeah too bad two assholes can't be in the same room for 162 games. Matt Williams was a good wingman too.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Still would love to see the clip of Bonds grabbing Kent by the uniform again.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Kent was acting like a little ***** and Bonds put him in his place. And people say Bonds isn't a team player.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    What was Kent *****ing about?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    He came into the dugout and was giving either David Bell or Aurilia shit for not making a routine play. So Bonds told him to shut up and play ball then the fight ensued.

Rookie
    Rookie ERA
    Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk
    Bonds had his wingman. His name is Jeff Kent.
    I remember. I was speaking with reference to last season when they were just shy of the playoffs by a couple of games for the Wild Card and the division. Considering the amount of runs they scored in 2004, with the addition of Alou and Vizquel, they could of put up a lot of numbers with a healthy Bonds. I should of mentioned what I was talking about I guess, I apologize.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Congrats to Moises for a good showing in the All Star game. Alou went 1-1 with a double and a walk. He also scored a run.

Rookie ERA

Giants

Quote Originally Posted by realmofotalk
    Still would love to see the clip of Bonds grabbing Kent by the uniform again.
    here, its small but it works
    Love me now or hate me more.

Rookie ERA

Giants

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer
    He came into the dugout and was giving either David Bell or Aurilia shit for not making a routine play. So Bonds told him to shut up and play ball then the fight ensued.
    yeah I heard Bonds was defending Bell.
    Love me now or hate me more.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the clip, bondsgirl. I can keep staring at it, but then I realize Kent is ours now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast