Thread: DeRosa drawing interest?

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Giants DeRosa drawing interest?

per Jon Heyman via twitter:

heard #giants offered mark derosa $12 mil, 2-yr deal. but is ex-brave and NJ product waiting for atlanta, #mets or #yanks?
    I still think he is a super utility type of player. He had a down year last year (.250/.319/.433) and I simply don't believe that he is done. At 35 years old, DeRosa may be on a decline, but I believe if a team could find a regular position for him, he could settle in nicely for a few years.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: DeRosa drawing interest?

4:19pm: ESPN.com's Jayson Stark reports that DeRosa took a physical for the Giants earlier today. Still no word confirming that this is a done deal, but it looks very close.
    Please pass the physical.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Done deal, 2 years for $12 million. Really nice move IMO. I still think they may want another big bat, but this teams still looks scary with their pitching. Very good addition.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

A team with a severe need for offense has assembled the likes of Rowand, Sanchez, Garko, and Derosa in the last couple of years. Hummmmmmm, I guess it's a good thing they have a few promising bats in the farm eh?
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

MLB ERA

We need a big bat IMO to win the NLW, we have the pitching and defense, we need hitting, we need to go after Holliday or Bay!

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

I think an average lineup with an exceptional pitching staff could get the job done. But adding another bat will relieve a lot of pressure from those arms and Kung Fu Panda's bat.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

The problem is they're on a budget like a lot of other teams. They have 28 minor shareholders to please, and the original owners of the 2nd largest stake (Mr. and Mrs. Burns) passed away and their estate now belongs to their two daughters, one of which allegedly isn't a baseball fan.

Alas, I'll still take that over Divorce McCourt.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I think Bay would have been bad for this team, so it's good that he's going to rot in New York. He wouldn't have Pedroia, Youkilis, Ellsbury, Lowell, Martinez etc. around him to inflate his RBI totals.

I doubt Holliday would be the answer either. He would help, sure, but he didn't pan out as Oakland's center piece of the lineup.
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.