Thread: Corey Hart?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Giants Corey Hart?

The Tigers, Giants and Red Sox have all scouted and/or discussed the possibility of acquiring Corey Hart, reports the Boston Globe's Nick Cafardo.
    The Giants and Red Sox both have pitching to give, with the Brewers needing a starting pitcher. Hart got off to a slow start on the year, but a couple recent strong games have pushed him to .256/.330/.415 on the season. He makes a lot of sense for the Giants. If the Brewers were to deal Hart, either Jody Gerut or Frank Catalanotto would likely start.
    Hart would provide some pop in the lineup and be a better LFer than Lewis. Hart would also be a long term answer in LF. He doesn't possess good on base skills so he would fit right in with the rest of the Giants. That's a bad thing. If we did make an offer, I wouldn't give up too much.

AAA ERA

Re: Corey Hart?

If you could get him for Sanchez or Zito I might go for it. But I would not give up any of the other three starters for Hart and I would only give one of the two I mentioned at that.
    "Better to be thought of as a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"