Thread: Martinez's Condition

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Giants Martinez's Condition

Joe Martinez was diagnosed with a concussion after taking a liner off his forehead Thursday night.
    Thankfully Martinez had no broken bones or serious structural damage to his skull. He stayed overnight in a local hospital just in case, but was up and walking around. He should be fine once the post-concussions symptoms dissipate.
    Lets hope for no post concussion syndrome that has plagued players like former Giant Mike Matheny or Corey Koskie. I just hope he can recover mentally like a Brad Ziegler did and unlike that of Matt Clement. No word on if he will go to the DL or simply be sent down. In case you missed the video, you can find it here:
    http://www.strike3forums.com/forums/...wers-sf-3.html

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Martinez's Condition

Joe Martinez was diagnosed with three hairline fractures in his skull along with a concussion after being struck by a Mike Cameron line drive, the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports.
    Martinez is expected to be placed on the 15-day disabled list. He'll remain in the hospital for 3-4 days. Mike Cameron, who hit the liner, is apparently shaken up- his performance is worth watching over the next few days.
    Justin Miller is being brought up to take his place.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Joe Martinez, who was released from the hospital on Monday, said he is beginning to feel much better.
    "I feel good," Martinez said. "I think the doctors were kind of surprised I haven't had much of a headache at all. I'm not dizzy or woozy." He doesn't expect to have an jitters when he returns to the mound, but that could change.
    Sounds like he has no after effects from his concussion which is good. Hope we can see Joe back in action in a month or so.

MLB ERA

That was a terrible injury. Hopefully he's ok...

MLB ERA

The worst part of this injury will be psychological. Pitchers that get hit frequently are a bit "gun-shy" about going back out there.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans...." John Lennon

painting the roses red. hot_corner_gurl's Avatar
    San Francisco (technically not, but close enough)
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Today's paper said that he had three fractures in his skill as well as a concussion... something's wrong here... as for PCD, it's very likely that he has it but doesn't know it. Sometimes the symptoms don't show up for months after the actually event. Not trying to jinx it or anything, just sharing personal experiences.

Either way, I hope he has a speedy recovery. I've had my share of concussions, and they're not fun.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I think you were trying to jinx him you little vixen you