Thread: Taschner Out, Ohman In?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Giants Taschner Out, Ohman In?

This is from Jayson Stark of ESPN.com

WHERE THERE'S A WILL: Last I heard, the last of the free-agent left-handers, Will Ohman, was looking for a one-year deal in the neighborhood of $1.75 million, with easily reachable incentives that could add close to another $1 million on top of that. Also hearing Ohman wants to stay on the West Coast. So with the Dodgers not interested in approaching that price, the Padres and Giants would seem to be the teams at the front of this line. The Phillies and Marlins also remain interested, but not at those dollars.

GIANTS-PHILLIES RUMBLING: Another left-handed bullpen option I've heard connected with Philadelphia: the Giants' Jack Taschner, a guy the Phillies also pursued before the trading deadline last year. The Giants are asking for "young players" in return, according to another club that spoke with them.
    I would be down for a Taschner trade and an Ohman signing. Taschner is just awful and the Giants have given him his chances to succeed and he has come up short, very short. Ohman has 23 Holds last year compares to Taschner's 14. Ohman's WHIP was also .45 lower than Taschner's. If the Giants can pull this off, they should do it immediately!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Taschner Out, Ohman In?

FOX Sports on MSN - MLB - Sources: Ohman has interest from Nats, Giants

Giants have already let one lefty go to the Nats, no reason to let another one. Pull the trigger Sabean so Ohman can be ready for the season.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Taschner sees his own exit

Not even Taschner thinks he will be a Giant due to his poor performance over the year and this spring. Sign Ohman now while there is still a couple of weeks left in ST.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Taschner is now a Philly Time to bring in Ohman as we need lefties in our pen. Hinshaw is not ready and needs to time to mature in AAA.

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Taschner is now a Philly Time to bring in Ohman as we need lefties in our pen. Hinshaw is not ready and needs to time to mature in AAA.
    I am not sure Hinshaw will ever be ready. I hope I am wrong but he seems worse this year compared to last. Oh well at least the team looks better.
    "Better to be thought of as a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

The Bear on the air is back! Hinshaw was rushed last year, lets hope he work things out. The team definitely looks better especially with Taschner gone

AAA ERA

I will miss Jack as he was a gamer but the talent just was not working with the Giants. Good luck with the Phillies.
    "Better to be thought of as a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

The Dodgers just signed Ohman to a minor league deal. What the **** Sabean? Couldn't have beat that? Now the Dodgers pen got better and the Giants now have just one lefty in the pen.

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    The Dodgers just signed Ohman to a minor league deal. What the **** Sabean? Couldn't have beat that? Now the Dodgers pen got better and the Giants now have just one lefty in the pen.
    I think they have two. Jeremy Affeldt & Alex Hinshaw. I am not sure Hinshaw will make the club out of spring training but he is still here as of now.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I said that with the thinking Hinshaw would go down to AAA. I think he needs to develop more after seeing him and reading scouting reports on him this spring but he could very well make the team.