Thread: Giants claim Sanchez off waivers?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Giants claim Sanchez off waivers?

The Giants claimed outfielder Alex Sanchez off waivers today. Sanchez was hitting .346 for the Drays til they put him on waivers. Why did we do this? I have no ****ing idea. We are already overloaded with OFers as it is. We have Alou, Linden, Ellison, Shabala and Tucker already platooning in the OF. This is just a silly signing.

Jason Schmidt pitched a beauty last night against the Dbacks. Ten strikeouts through eight innings pitched was the Schmidt we all love to see. The Giants have won five of their last eight and are looking pretty decent. Todd Linden has impressed me with his bat but not his glove. He is hitting .286 with 2 homers in 32 ABs. Adam Shabala has shown promise in the few chances he has gotten. Tonight will be a tough one with Webb on the mound for the Dbacks. Rueter is on the hill for us so who knows. A win tonight will give us the series win. Giants are 9 games back of the Friars.

Rookie ERA
    Crazy enough. Just like you mentioned, we already have our kids up and going in the major leagues, why are we downgrading ourselves for some steroid freak? **SIGH** Felipe has already said he'd be used for pinch-hitting so looks like he won't see the field as much.

With that being said, I'm looking forward to tomorrow's night game against those A's. I've already told my friend to save me 2 LF bleacher seats in the front row. And yes I know I'm gonna take a whole lot of abuse from those A's fans in the style that I like to get rowdy for my club, but I'm doing it to show how diehard I can be cheering in a hostile enviornment.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Of course San Balcosisco claimed that roider Sanchez. The Giants wanted a little bit more "juice" off the bench.