Thread: Not Too Happy With Bochy, Sabean

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Giants Not Too Happy With Bochy, Sabean

The latest roster moves:
    Andres Torres and Eugenio Velez make the roster, Frandsen doesn't and is sent to AAA. Luis Perdomo wins a spot in the pen and we are carrying only one catcher.

I am extremely disappointed in the direction Bochy and Sabean are taking this club at the start. Velez makes the team but not Frandsen?? Sandoval is the backup even though he hasn't caught an inning all spring? Perdomo wins a bullpen job over experienced guys like Miller and Medders? This isn't making a lot of baseball sense to me.

Frandsen is a much better hitter than Velez. Velez has the speed to do a lot of things but so does Torres and Torres showed he was a much better OFer than Velez. Velez on the infield is a huge liability. Frandsen has nothing and I mean nothing left to prove in the minors. The only reason I can see them optioning him down is to get more ABs in before they call him up. But in the meantime they are going to keep Uribe and his awesome .284 spring OBP and career sub-.300 OBP? How exactly does that help a struggling offense?

Sandoval needs to concentrate solely on third base. As far as we know, Sandoval has not worked with the pitchers this spring. We all know he hasn't been behind the plate. This causes a huge problem for me. We take Sandoval away from where he needs to be? I'd rather have a guy who has played and has been working with the pitchers behind the plate and keep Sandoval at a position he needs all the help he can get.

Perdomo hasn't pitched above AA and he is given a bullpen job over Medders and Miller who have looked sharp this spring? Why not make a trade to the Cards to keep Perdomo? Velez would be ideal for the Cards. Let him go to AAA and work on some things then bring him up. Rather go with experience in April over a AA pitcher. I like Perdomo and think Sabean did a great job drafting him as a Rule V guy but don't see it necessary to start him right away.

I am not a big fan of these moves and hope things change in the next five days.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Not Too Happy With Bochy, Sabean

After a couple of terrible performances, Perdomo is no longer set on making the bullpen. The Giants can either send him back to the Cards (if the Padres don't claim him) or make a trade and send him to AAA. Medders takes his spot in the pen so this makes me happier. Still pissed off the Giants are carrying Velez. They already have speed off the bench with Torres making the team and Velez is horrible defensively everywhere he plays. Bochy will now use him, stealing ABs away from Schierholtz.