Thread: I Predicted It!!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Giants I Predicted It!!

Giants signed RHP Ramon Ortiz to a minor league contract and invited him to spring training.
    Ortiz, this month's Caribbean Series MVP, is back from Japan after going 4-7 with a 5.82 ERA for Oriz last season. The 35-year-old last pitched in the majors in 2007, finishing 5-4 with a 5.45 ERA for the Twins and Rockies. His only hope of making the Giants out of spring training is as a reliever, but he qualifies as pretty good depth.
    Last week my friends and I were watching the Carribbean Series and Ortiz was starting. I made the joke in saying "Ortiz will probably get picked up by Sabean if he is watching" because Ortiz had one good looking inning. The rest he barely escaped trouble. Sure enough Ortiz has a chance to make the Giants. Thanks for not disappointing Brian!

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: I Predicted It!!

Angels fans are probably still counting their lucky stars that John Lackey, and not Ramon Ortiz, started Game 7 of the World Series against the Giants.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: I Predicted It!!

Just as all of us Giants fans are pissed that Livan Hernandez started over Kirk Rueter.