Thread: Just Say No To Aurilia

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Giants Just Say No To Aurilia

Giants GM Brian Sabean said that he has reconsidered on Rich Aurilia and would like to re-sign the free agent.
    To think that we were concerned about the Giants' offense. Aurilia did hit lefties well last season, but he ended up with way too many at-bats, 407 to be exact. Viewed strictly as a backup, he'd be fine. However, it seems best not to give Bruce Bochy the opportunity to overuse him again.
    Aurilia's offensive stats show him having a better year than he did. Giants don't need him this year as they have multiple options at first (Ishikawa, Phelps, Sandoval, Bowker) and third (Sandoval, Frandsen). I too am afraid Aurilia would get too much playing time. I am all for having a strong bench but think its time to go in a different direction. Aurilia's lack of speed costs the Giants runs. Rather pay a guy like Hairston Jr. who can play anywhere to be our bench guy.

AAA ERA

Re: Just Say No To Aurilia

I have no problem with resigning Aurilla. He has been a great Giant and would be the right person to work with all the younger players. As long as he is not used as a starter I have no problem with him being on the team for another year.
    "Better to be thought of as a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Just Say No To Aurilia

That's just it. Bochy the Retard would start him and play him and keep playing him just like he did Vizquel last year.