Thread: Giants Like Encarnacion?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Giants Giants Like Encarnacion?

The Giants are showing interest in the Reds' Edwin Encarnacion, according to the Cincinnati Enquirer.
    If the Reds are unsatisfied with Encarnacion's defense, they should move him to left field rather than risk selling low on a 25-year-old just entering his prime years. Trading him for Jonathan Sanchez wouldn't be a good idea.
    If the Giants got Encarnacion, they would have one of the weakest left sides of the infield in all of baseball. His defense combined with Renteria's will not do pitchers any justice whatsoever. Edwin can hit but the Giants have already sacrificed defense for offense when they signed Renteria. If the Giants are going to go after someone, at least make sure they can field the damn ball. He is 25 and could get better but I think the Giants can do better. Sandoval isn't going to be the best but at least he won't cost us pitching.

MLB ERA

Re: Giants Like Encarnacion?

EdE has some major potential....I know he's not an ideal target, but if all you'd give up is the inconsistent Jonathan Sanchez(and assuming they can replace Sanchez in the rotation), it might not be as bad as you think.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Randy Johnson could replace Sanchez. I'd rather have Brandon Inge playing third.

MLB ERA

Inge makes a lot more $$ though. And is he available?

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Randy Johnson could replace Sanchez. I'd rather have Brandon Inge playing third.

You like Brandon Inge? So does WFAN's Mike Francessa.....a lot!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bZAuH7pSgc]YouTube - WFAN's Mike Francesa Likes Brandon Inge. A lot.[/ame]

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by ljshorty89 View Post
    Inge makes a lot more $$ though. And is he available?
    Inge has one year left on his contract but don't know if he is available since they currently don't have a catcher. Rather have his defense for a year and see what is available next season.