Thread: C.C. To San Francisco?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: C.C. To San Francisco?

Bochy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

The San Francisco Giants appear to be the latest team to make their pitch to free agent CC Sabathia.

The San Jose Mercury News reported on Tuesday that Sabathia's team and Giants representatives met on Monday night and were planning on meeting again after the winter meetings.

That would preclude a quick resolution to the New York Yankees' reported six-year, $140 million offer to the left-hander.

Sabathia and/or his team have met with the Yankees (twice), the Milwaukee Brewers and the Boston Red Sox at the winter meetings in Las Vegas.

Los Angeles Dodgers general manager Ned Colletti said on Monday that Sabathia told him that he wants to be a Dodger, but the team has not publicly made an offer.

Sabathia grew up in Southern California and has been building a home there. In the past he has expressed a desire to play for a West Coast club. In their first season without Barry Bonds, the Giants posted a 72-90 record and finished fourth in the National League West.
    I didn't think the Giants had a shot at getting Zito so who knows with Sabean. A rotation with Lincecum, Sabathia and Cain would definitely put the Giants in contention.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Looks like Sabathia will be a Yankee and I am glad the Giants didn't give what the Yankees did. Sabathia got seven years!!! I think his body will begin to break down around year five which is as far as I would have gone with him. Now the Giants can focus on the bat they need and not a pitcher they want.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12