Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Molina To The Mets?

MLB ERA

Re: Molina To The Mets?

Frandsen's range is suspect at best, but murphy can't throw...idk i take back my statement but they both aren't good at all lol
    LeagueTeamDivision TitlesWild CardWS WinsYears as GM
    MSLSeattle0001

Seattle GM since July 2065
    Royals GM since January 2005

Oakland GM in MSL History
    3 Division Titles (4 Wild Card Berths) 1 World Series

RIP TBSL Los Angeles Angels 2012 WS Champs

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Yes he is worse at third and it's not even close!! You are the one that is wrong my friend. Murphy has 49 errors in 149 games at third base!!!! That is truly pathetic! Murphy is a better hitter but Frandsen is the much better fielder. Frandsen will most likely be our second baseman next season but if need be, he will play third and not make 49 errors in a season!! Burriss or Frandsen would do better defensively at third than Murphy. Hell, Rich Aurilia wouldn;t boot the ball that many times!! You are the one that is ill-informed, not me.
    Of course, we can ignore the fact that the vast majority of those errors came in his very first year of professional ball, when most players have a tough transition. Granted, most are not that poor, but whatever. I understand your points, and I get that you don't want Murphy, but I can promise you that if Murphy is traded for Benji Molina, I will be just as unhappy as you are.

MLB ERA

Not to mention the murmurs from SF people as well as baseball people that Molina is a very soft and sensitive person who does not take criticism well....In NY, you can't be sensitive. Keep that in mind too, it's a different media here.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Molina's sensitivity is vastly overblown. It was a media creation. Him saying he thought it was weird they drafted a catcher is no that big of a deal. Donovan McNabb did the same thing and that was in Philly. Molina would be fine and he is not a standout like Beltran, Wright, Reyes, Santana, etc.

No one is ignoring the fact that Murphy's first year was awful or even his second year. The fact that IS being ignored is that he was not projected to be a MLB third baseman. He was going to have to switch positions anyway whether or not Wright was there or not. The guy has stone hands.

MLB ERA

He played decent OF defense, appeared to be decent in double A this year at both 1B and OF, and is doing pretty well in the AFL at 2B and OF. Correct me if I'm mistaken....he's no gold glover, but he's not exactly stonehands...

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

His minor league numbers suggest he does have stone hands. 13 games at first base is a very small sample size. He's young so I think he can definitely improve at first. I would say the OF is his best shot.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123