Thread: Bye Bye Correia, Hennessey and Walker

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Giants Bye Bye Correia, Hennessey and Walker

Kevin Correia, Brad Hennessey and Tyler Walker were outrighted to AAA meaning they all can opt for free agency. Thank god!! Walker had no business being the setup guy which goes to show just how awful Bochy has been as a manager. Walker had 8 losses and an ERA of 4.56. Goodbye!! Hennessey was just awful despite his September glimmer of hope. Giants had no business keeping him and should have tried to trade him when his stock was somewhat good. He was definitely not worth his $1.6 million he was due to make. Bye Bye Brad!! Correia is harder to see go as he was a good long reliever for the Giants. Giants tried to make him a starter and it failed. Giants will most likely give him another shot. Along with these three, Eliezer Alfonzo, left-hander Geno Espineli and infielders Scott McClain and Ivan Ochoa were also outrighted.

I like what I am seeing. The Giants have got to gut out the bullpen and start fresh. A full season of Merkin Valdez would help the setup situation tremendously. The Giants first move was a great one and now we have to wait for November when free agency starts.

MLB ERA

Re: Bye Bye Correia, Hennessey and Walker

I'm glad to see Hennessey and Walker leave, but I still hope they give Correia another shot, in 07 he showed what he can do if he is a starter.

MLB ERA

All of them should be getting calls from Omar Minaya any day now...

AAA ERA

This had to be done if the Giants are to improve. Sure mistakes will be made but these guys need to move on to make room for the Kids who can't do any worse than they did and with time and luck will do a whole lot better.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by ljshorty89 View Post
    All of them should be getting calls from Omar Minaya any day now...
    Not unless there last names are, Sanchez, Rodriguez, Martiniez, Gonzalez, and Lopez.