Thread: Lowry's Surgery

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Giants Lowry's Surgery

Noah Lowry will undergo surgery Tuesday to remove a bone spur from his left elbow.
    It sounds like Lowry will avoid Tommy John surgery. Looking forward, manager Bruce Bochy is hopeful that ""this surgery will clear up everything and give him peace of mind. ... Hopefully, it's the last step to getting him fully recovered and being at the point where we can count on him being in the rotation" next season.
    Giants sorely missed Lowry this season and cannot afford another one without him. We can only hope this gets Lowry back on track to being a solid #3 guy again. Lowry has a career 4.03 ERA but has one year with an ERA over 4.

Minor Leaguer
    Rookie ERA

Re: Lowry's Surgery

Well obviously Lowry won't solve all of the Giants' problems, but if he can come back healthy he'll be a big help. Hopefully he'll emerge from rehab a better pitcher!

AAA ERA

A sound Lowry would be a welcome thing for the Giants rotation at least until some of the kids in the minors are ready. However I fear he will never make it back and has pitched his last game for the Giants already.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I feel the same way Bear but hope he can bounce back. He was our best pitcher there for a couple of seasons.

AAA ERA

I agree but for some reason I think his time has come and already gone!