Giants GM Brian Sabean indicated Monday that he heads into the offseason looked at Pablo Sandoval as his first baseman, Emmanuel Burriss as his shortstop and Fred Lewis as his left field.
There's going to have to be some flexibility there, unless the Giants want to compete for having the league's worst offense again. If those three are all starters, third base would be the only place the Giants can upgrade, and while Adrian Beltre would help, he's not the kind of player that's going to get them over the hump. Sabean added that he sees both Eugenio Velez and Nate Schierholtz on next year's team, perhaps as backups. Velez stands to compete with Kevin Frandsen for the starting job at second. Rich Aurilia could be re-signed to help out as a part-timer, but Omar Vizquel will not be returning.
So this is it?? We are going to win with this? C'mon Sabean. We need pop in this lineup!! No, screw pop. We need POWER in this lineup!! Velez could be a starter?? Are you ****ing high? Here is what our lineup could possibly look like next year:

1B- Sandoval
2B- Velez
SS- Burriss
3B- Frandsen?
LF- Lewis
CF- Rowand
RF- Winn
C- Molina

Does this lineup strike fear into anyone besides Giants fans?? Giants need to look at free agent SS's, 3B, 1B and definitely relievers. I like Sandoval and think he will be great off the bench next year. He is good behind the plate and can play 3B and 1B too. I don't think he is ready for starting and the Giants can get someone else to provide power from first. Schierholtz should be the 4th OFer next year. I like Burriss but again I like him off the bench. The Giants are going to have to do a lot better than this if they want to rise to the top of the division. The Fielder/Hardy for Cain trade rumor is looking a lot better now.