Thread: Sandoval Making His Case For '09

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Giants Sandoval Making His Case For '09

Pablo Sandoval has been an absolute monster since joining the club in late August. Not only is he tearing it up at the plate, he is showing versatility in the field. So far he has played catcher, first and third. Behind the plate, he has shown a lot of maturity and knowledge of the game. He has caught two gems for Zito so far in 21 games. Making Zito look good is a hard job to pull off. In 21 games, Sandoval is hitting .364 with 2 HRs and 13 RBI. 28 hits in 21 games is making a good case for securing a spot on next year's roster. Giants have openings at backup catcher, first base and third base which Sandoval has played since being up. I have really liked what I have seen from Sandoval and hope he doesn;t slack off and turn into another Rajai Davis. I don;t think he will since he is just 21 years old and has options on where he will play.

painting the roses red. hot_corner_gurl's Avatar
    San Francisco (technically not, but close enough)
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Sandoval Making His Case For '09

There's been a lot of speculation over here as to whether he can keep it up though...sure he's off to a great start and he can play D as well as hit, but the true test will be how he handles the inevitable slump. It'd also be interesting to see how well he prepares himself for ST next season. Plus there's a guy named Buster Posey coming up through the system. But with that said, I still think he's solidifying a spot on next year's roster.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Tonight Sandoval caught another Zito gem. Zito went 6 innings of 2 run ball and had 9 K's. That's right, 9 K's!!! He also went 1-5 in the game. Sandoval is making a great case to be Zito's personal catcher next season.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Tonight Sandoval caught another Zito gem. Zito went 6 innings of 2 run ball and had 9 K's. That's right, 9 K's!!! He also went 1-5 in the game. Sandoval is making a great case to be Zito's personal catcher next season.
    Wow...9 K's and the name Zito normally don't go together in the same sentence. Impressive. Even better you won the game on a Eugenio Velez walk-off single. Good stuff.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Just to think if the Bochy and Sabean didn't give up on the season so early, the Giants could have been the Rockies of '08. Nobody looks like they want to win the West. When the Giants were just five games out in June, they should have focused on going for it instead of playing Vizquel and other struggling players hoping for a firesale.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

That's exactly what the A's did last year. We were four games out in like April or something but we kept Piazza on the DL until his bobblehead day in like July. Totally pathetic. At least you know you have good young talent, and maybe Bochy's getting the hint that the younger players need to get more playing time to improve their skills.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

After the season, I will write on article on this. Already have most of it in my head. Bochy and Sabean flat out ****ed us.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I'll be anxiously awaiting the article come season's end.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I hate to say it, but that bowling bowl of yours can flat out hit.