Giants recalled RHP Brad Hennessey from Triple-A Fresno.
Hennessey, who is making $1.6 million this season, is back in the majors for the first time in four months. He went 7-10 with a 4.83 ERA in 21 starts for Fresno. The Giants figure to put him back in the bullpen.

Giants recalled catcher Steve Holm from Triple-A Fresno.

Holm has hit .256/.351/.390 in 82 at-bats for San Francisco this year. He'll be the third catcher behind Bengie Molina and Pablo Sandoval.

Giants purchased the contract of infielder Scott McClain from Triple-A Fresno.
John Bowker, Nate Schierholtz and others will have to wait until Tuesday. The 36-year-old McClain gets rewarded with a second straight September callup, even though there's no reason to give him at-bats over younger players. The longtime minor league slugger hit .300/.388/.553 in a bounce-back season in the PCL.
Our old friend Hennessey is back up even after having a terrible season in both the Majors and the Minors. Holm is back up and will be about as useful as a water boy. That's not to say he sucks because I like Holm a lot and I think he calls a great game at catcher but with Molina and Sandoval doing so well I don't see him getting any playing time. McClain is one old minor leaguer but he has hit well once again in AAA and iss deserving of another shot. I'd rather see him playing over John Bowker. More callups are expected and I'm really looking forward to seeing our Olympian Nate Schierholtz.