Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Giants@New York

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Giants Giants@New York

Giants lost the series in early June but it was hard fought and hopefully it will be again. Of course with a better turnout. Giants have a tough stretch before the All Star Game playing three against the Mets then the Cubs. Giants sit just five games back so the Giants will have to take these series to stay within striking distance.

Game One- Tim Lincecum (10-1, 2.49 ERA) vs Mike Pelfrey (6-6, 4.23 ERA). Let's hope Lincecum continues his dominance of the NL. Lincecum has the best winning percentage and most strikeouts. Lincecum struck out eight while giving up three runs in six innings his last performance. Pelfrey too had a good showing his last time out going seven strong striking out six and giving up just one run. Hopefully the Giants can pounce on him early and hit with runners in scoring position. Let's hope guys like Rowand, Durham and Bowker continue to have a good month.

Game Two- Jonathan Sanchez (8-4, 3.87 ERA) vs Johan Santana (7-7, 2.96 ERA). This should be the game to watch here. Two power lefties battling it out. Both men have 109 K's with Sanchez having more walks. Sanchez went seven innings and gave up just two runs while striking out eight in the first series this season. He also won that game and owns a 2.08 lifetime ERA against the Mets.

Game Three- Barry Zito (4-12, 5.73 ERA) vs John Maine (8-6, 3.91 ERA). Zito is coming off his best start as a Giant going seven innings and striking out ten. He also gave up just two runs and looked like the Zito of old. We can only hope there is more of the same to come. Zito was crushed earlier this season by the Mets going just four and a third giving up five earned and walking five. We cannot afford to have that again.

The Giants need to start Burriss more at third as Vizquel has shown zero signs of turning things around. They also have to find somewhere for Castillo to hit when he plays. He cannot hit with RISP. Aurilia needs to be playing more anyway. I see the Giants getting the series win.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Giants@New York

Lincecum has a rough first giving up a three run bomb to Beltran. 3-0 in the 2nd.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Giants are getting demolished by the Mets most in part because of Beltran and Pelfrey. Pelfrey gave up just three hits in seven innings. Beltran is 3-4 with 4 RBI. It is now 6-0 in the B-7th.

painting the roses red. hot_corner_gurl's Avatar
    San Francisco (technically not, but close enough)
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I thought for sure that Lincecum would pitch better than he did (two homers and four earned runs?!). I guess all the pressure and media attention from the AS pick is getting to him.

MLB ERA

idk what it was, but Lincecum just didn't look good tonight. He didn't even have good control. And when he threw a pitch in the zone, it seemed to get hit. Tough game for Giants fans...

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

He said in a post-game interview that he felt that he never got a rhythm down, that his fastball was up and his curve was flat, and that his mind wasn't in the game. His next start looks to be against Rich Harden too, so it's not gonna get any easier from here.

MLB ERA

I see. I was at the game, and I noticed that a lot. His fastball, and even his change a couple times were just WAY up in the zone. His curve didn't look AWFUL, but definitely not as good as I've seen it. I knew he was off. Well, can't win 'em all....

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Yeah, I guess so. It show's he's human. It was also his first road loss of the season, and he was also 9-0 coming into tonite's start. Hopefully he'll fare a little better against the Cubbies (which doesn't seem likely).

MLB ERA

He also had a 1.86 Road ERA, which is spectacular. He'll be fine.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ljshorty89 View Post
    He also had a 1.86 Road ERA, which is spectacular. He'll be fine.
    Oh definately.

Next up, Sanchez vs Santana. Looks pretty good on paper, but yesterday's game shows that you can't trust what's on paper.

MLB ERA

Fair point. Unfortunately, Johan gets almost no run support. Should be a close game.

Seems like the Mets get on a hot streak right before we play the giants every time. It's insane.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I guess that they get hyped up on the fact that they know they'll be facing a team who, on paper, is worse off than them (don't kill me reefer!). I know the A's used to do that before they'd face the Rays, but now the Rays aren't the Rays so that's all changed. But I have no explanation for the Santana thing.

Future PGA Tour Golfer DirtyKash's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

How is it possible that you guys have lost the last 6 games started by Santana? This should not happen. Where's Delgado's 9 RBI when you need him.

MLB ERA

Exactly. It's disgusting. He has a 2.45 ERA in those games. We just suck. I mean, it's weird, because its not even during the series, it's right before. We came into SF having won series against both the Marlins and Dodgers, propelling us into a 7 wins in 9 games streak. Then we struggled again, but went 5-3 against the Phils and Cards right before the Giants come into NY. Does the team get excited BEFORE the Giants come up on the schedule?

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Yeah it is awful. Santana hasn't won a game since June 1st. Only 12 runs of support in his last six starts...ouch. Maybe the offense has some kind of vendetta against him. Who knows.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast