Thread: Threets DFA'd

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Giants Threets DFA'd

The Giants designated left-hander Erick Threets for assignment on Monday, possibly spelling the end of his tenure with the organization.

The Giants have 10 days to trade Threets, waive him or send him back to the Minor Leagues if he clears waivers. Given the interest in Threets among other teams earlier in the season, another club is likely to claim him if he's waived.

The recent emergence of left-hander Alex Hinshaw helped make Threets expendable. Hinshaw went unscored upon in his first eight appearances and owns a 2.84 ERA in nine outings.

Threets, 26, has long been an intriguing commodity for his ability to throw hard. Although shoulder ailments diminished his velocity slightly, he made his Major League debut last September and made the Opening Day roster out of Spring Training. Threets was 0-1 with a 3.60 ERA in seven appearances, allowing 11 hits, walking nine and striking out six in 10 innings, before going on the 15-day disabled list April 19 with a strained muscle in his right side.
    I know Hinshaw has looked good and all but I don't like this move. Threets is young enough and good enough to keep around especially when we have guys like Walker struggling. Hopefully no one claims him but that is hard to believe. Yankees and Tigers could be very interested along with a lot of other teams.

14,558 Unread Posts browntown653's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Re: Threets DFA'd

My money's on Detroit.
    I did a lot of good things as a sim league GM.

Ah, give me something clever to say here.

painting the roses red. hot_corner_gurl's Avatar
    San Francisco (technically not, but close enough)
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Threets DFA'd

Well Rodney and Zumaya are both scheduled to start their rehab assignment and will probably be back in a couple weeks...however the Tigers could still use Threets during that time, so yeah I could see it happen.