Thread: Giants vs Mets 6/2-6/4

Thread Killah/Angels Mod riverdunesrat's Avatar
    MLB ERA

Giants Re: Giants vs Mets 6/2-6/4

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFanatic View Post
    Game 1- Perez vs Sanchez

Game 2- Zito vs Martinez

Game 3- Maine vs Cain

I think we should sweep, but 2 out of 3 seems more realistic.
    I just noticed something in your thread title. A fact that seems to not be widely known is that the visiting team is always listed first and the home team is always listed second. For example, if your title read Mets vs Giants, one would automatically know that they were playing in SF. It also applies when listing scores. For example, if the score is 3 to 6, then one would know automatically that the Mets are losing to the Giants. Same story with your pitchers you have listed above. Just thought I'd share that with you.
    GO PADRES AND ANGELS ALL THE WAY IN 2008
    ................http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5347/mlblogo7ld.gif ..................

MLB ERA

Re: Giants vs Mets 6/2-6/4

I think most people know thaat. I do. But it's just common reaction to list your favorite team first. So, it's not exactly a big deal.

MLB ERA

There's the Scott Blow-eneweiss I've been waiting for. You guys are back in this game. Now we have to get Billy Wagner warmed up....

MLB ERA

Wagner comes in, double play, inning over. Good game, until Schoeneweis lost the zone. Oh well, a win's a win. Go at it again tomorrow...

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Good to see the Giants never gave up. Denker hit a three run shot in the 9th for his first big league HR. I have a feeling we will see a lot more first big league HRs. Denker really looks like a solid player. He's a real short and stocky player but with quick hands and feet. Looks like a nice gift from the Dodgers. Rowand went 0-5 to drop his average to .333 but did manage to drive in a run. Misch threw three shutout innings of relief and struck out three. That was great to see from Misch. The Giants three errors weren't. Let's hope Cain can get us a series victory tomorrow.

painting the roses red. hot_corner_gurl's Avatar
    San Francisco (technically not, but close enough)
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

While the Giants didn't ever give up, it was a sloppy game. Hopefully they can clean up their act this afternoon. I'll be at the A's game, so you'll have to tell me how the whole story after the game.

AAA ERA

They sucked today. I was at the game, and I am afraid that we are losing Matt Cain. He is done mentally. What a shame. If a good offer comes in we need to look long and hard at it. I think he is suffering from not being the best young kid on the staff, and at this point I see him no better than #3. He is pressing from the first pitch on, and it shows.

MLB ERA

He's probably pressing because last year he got about 2 runs per game. The run support SUCKS. He's pressing because if he gives up 3 runs, he knows he's gonna lose.

painting the roses red. hot_corner_gurl's Avatar
    San Francisco (technically not, but close enough)
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    They sucked today. I was at the game, and I am afraid that we are losing Matt Cain. He is done mentally. What a shame. If a good offer comes in we need to look long and hard at it. I think he is suffering from not being the best young kid on the staff, and at this point I see him no better than #3. He is pressing from the first pitch on, and it shows.
    Quote Originally Posted by ljshorty89 View Post
    He's probably pressing because last year he got about 2 runs per game. The run support SUCKS. He's pressing because if he gives up 3 runs, he knows he's gonna lose.
    Yeah you both have viable points, but I really doubt that the Giants are going to move Cain. He's still young and they have faith that he will grow into the role of an ace. Don't give up on him just yet.

Giants lose the game and the series. Now it's back on the road. Hopefully they can sort things out while they don't have the stresses of playing at home.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Cain has never done well in day games for whatever reason. Cain has just got to learn how to get ahead of hitters and throw strikes. His only problem is control. His stuff is great but cannot locate it. I don't see any improvement which is disappointing. Cain better get used to not being the best young guy because he have more young studs on the way. No need to start giving up one him yet.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345