Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Giants vs Mets 6/2-6/4

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: Giants vs Mets 6/2-6/4

Great find Brett

MLB ERA

For the record, as much as I hate to make excuses, I'd like you Giants fans to realize that the Mets come in to town after the following travel schedule. 4 games in 3 days in atlanta, 3 games in 3 days in colorado, 7 games in 7 days home in NY, then the 3 in 3 days back in SF. We've been to the west coast TWICE in 3 weeks with not a single travel day. And as I'm sure they mentioned on the telecast, the Mets came in today following the SUNDAY NIGHT ESPN GAME which didn't start till 8PM. Normally, at the very least, without a travel day they would let the Mets come in after an afternoon game. The schedule has been killer on this team, and they probably cannot wait for the off day following the Padres series....

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Sure do make a lot of excuses for hating to do so. Mets pitching sucked ass and that's all that needs to be said.

painting the roses red. hot_corner_gurl's Avatar
    San Francisco (technically not, but close enough)
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Great find Brett
    Figured you'd like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ljshorty89 View Post
    For the record, as much as I hate to make excuses, I'd like you Giants fans to realize that the Mets come in to town after the following travel schedule. 4 games in 3 days in atlanta, 3 games in 3 days in colorado, 7 games in 7 days home in NY, then the 3 in 3 days back in SF. We've been to the west coast TWICE in 3 weeks with not a single travel day. And as I'm sure they mentioned on the telecast, the Mets came in today following the SUNDAY NIGHT ESPN GAME which didn't start till 8PM. Normally, at the very least, without a travel day they would let the Mets come in after an afternoon game. The schedule has been killer on this team, and they probably cannot wait for the off day following the Padres series....
    First, I'm not a Giants fan. Think green and gold. Second, why do feel like you need to make an excuse?

MLB ERA

I'm really not. Oliver Perez had no excuse, and he was ridiculously bad tonight. Before the first inning was over, this game was done. If you guys think that my stating of a fact was trying to make excuses, fine, but in reality I am just extremely disappointed. This team came out flat tonight, and the jetlag combined with little sleep probably had something to do with that. All teams have to deal with the schedule they are given, and I believe that the schedule the Mets have had is something that can cost them a game. Feel free to berate me, but I wasn't making excuses. They really were bad. You guys played better and deserved to win.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

She's not a Giants fan yet

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

We still love ya ljshorty.

MLB ERA

haha, thanks ltr. Your Giants look to be a team that actually knows what direction they're going. Maybe they aren't there yet, but this team is not as bad as people think.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

We still love ya ljshorty.
    Agreed.
    She's not a Giants fan yet
    Hahaha try me.

MLB ERA

Converting fans is a lot tougher than you think ltr. I've tried it before. It actually worked once...I converted this girl from a Yankee fan to a Met fan. Now, admittedly she was only a Yankee fan because of how "hot" Derek Jeter supposedly is, but I convinced her to be a Mets fan, and she actually started understanding more about baseball. Unfortunately, that only made her more attractive to this other guy....and now they're together.

....What was the point of this again? I forget. But I think I was talking about how difficult it is to convert intra-city fans.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I'm just messing with Brett but do enjoy her Giants banter. Hell, she lives just blocks away from AT&T Park, might as well join the club

Giants now lead 10-2 and surprise, Bowker swung at the first pitch.

MLB ERA

haha. you guys played well tonight. I sincerely hope the Mets play better the next two nights. If I have to stay up till 1am here and go to work at 7:30 AM, losses like this will not be worth my time.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Converting fans is a lot tougher than you think ltr. I've tried it before. It actually worked once...I converted this girl from a Yankee fan to a Met fan. Now, admittedly she was only a Yankee fan because of how "hot" Derek Jeter supposedly is, but I convinced her to be a Mets fan, and she actually started understanding more about baseball. Unfortunately, that only made her more attractive to this other guy....and now they're together.

....What was the point of this again? I forget. But I think I was talking about how difficult it is to convert intra-city fans.
    Trust me, he's smokin'. But yes it is difficult to convert intra-city fans. Believe me, I've tried for years to convert my brothers from the dark side (aka the Giants). It hasn't worked at all.
    I'm just messing with Brett but do enjoy her Giants banter. Hell, she lives just blocks away from AT&T Park, might as well join the club
    Fat chance.

MLB ERA

All girls say that, but I feel like its more of obligation than opinion. Kinda like the way you all think Brad Pitt is hot. I just don't get it. Jeter looks kinda like an alien to me, lol

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

All girls say that, but I feel like its more of obligation than opinion. Kinda like the way you all think Brad Pitt is hot. I just don't get it. Jeter looks kinda like an alien to me, lol
    Ew God no Brad Pitt is hideous. And I don't think it's an obligation. Each girl has her own opinion about everything. It's just up to her whether she wants to excersize that right or not.

Holm is in to replace Molina. He had a great nite again (3-for-4 with 2 runs scored and an RBI).

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast