Thread: Giants snap losing streak

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Giants snap losing streak

The Giants snap an eight game losing streak only to start another one in a double header at Shea. What in the world is going on when Brett Tomko is outpitching Jason Schmidt? Coming into the season, Schmidt had the most wins over the past two seasons(2003-2004) at 38. This year Schmidt is a totally different pitcher. Schmidt is hitting 92 mph on the gun while last year he would hit 98 every now and then. Tomko is hitting 96 and 97 on the gun this year. I have feared that something is wrong with Schmidt this year and tonight's game made me sure of it. He is wild and his velocity is way down. His shoulder has to be giving him problems. He pitched 4 innings and gave up six runs. Tomko in the first game of the day going 7 2/3 innings and giving up just one run lowering his ERA to 3.86. Brower's struggles continue as does Pedro Feliz's. The only good news I can gather at this point is that the Giants get a day off on Monday and Tuesday KC comes to town.

Foppert continues to have problems with blisters as he missed a recent start. Hopefully he will get this under control.

AA ERA
    Schmidt has been a major disapointment.
    I aim to try
    "Nothing is what rocks dream of."-Aristotle