Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Houston@San Francisco 5/12-5/15

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Giants Houston@San Francisco 5/12-5/15

The Giants took two of three from the Phillies at home and now will have to face the Astros who have been played damn good ball lately. The Giants have played a tough schedule so far playing teams at the top of their division's standings. Astros come in with a 21-17 record. Giants will have their hands full but the Giants are 2-0 with Vizquel's return to the infield. Durham pinch hit last game so he may be ready to go soon and we no longer will have to endure Velez's awful play and Bochy's desire to play and bat him second.

Game One- Roy Oswalt (3-3, 5.33) vs Barry Zito (0-7, 6.95 ERA). This will be the battle of the struggling "aces". Will Zito finally win one? Zito looked better in his last start after his stint in the bullpen. Zito went just five innings but did strike out five and give up just two. Lots of Giants hitters have success against Oswalt.

Game Two- Brandon Backe (2-4, 4.64 ERA) vs Matt Cain (1-3, 4.50 ERA). Cain's fastball has lost some velocity in order to get better demand but that's not really working. Cain needs to let loose and let things fly. Cain went six and a third last game and was responsible for five earned runs. Cain has only gone seven innings twice this year.

Game Three
    - Brian Moehler (1-0, 4.26 ERA) vs Pat Misch (0-0, 5.63 ERA). Misch has been roughed up so far this year so he is due for a good start. He went six innings and gave up four runs while walking three. Righetti has got to do something to get our starters some more control. Moehler is 1-1 with a 10.80 ERA lifetime against the Giants.

Game Four- Chris Sampson (2-3, 6.47 ERA) vs Tim Lincecum (5-1, 1.61 ERA). Lincecum would be in the early Cy Young talks if Brandon Webb wasn't 8-0 and off to a great start. Lincecum went eight strong in his last game striking out eight and giving up just two solo homeruns. Lincecum leads all of baseball in strikeouts

Giants starters need to get more control on their pitches and keep the walks to a minimum. The Astros have a good lineup and we can't afford to give them anything. We can only hope Durham gets back soon and Velez is gone for a while. If Durham is healthy, Velez needs to be sent down to work on his hitting and fielding. More importantly his patience. Burriss has been playing better and needs to stay and help at SS and 2b. Justin Leone can take Velez's place. He has nine homeruns and 23 RBI at AAA and can play both second and third. Ortmeier needs more playing time as he is really hitting the ball well. Lewis is really cooling down so hopefully he can get hot again. The bullpen has been good for the most part and it feels so much better knowing Hennessey won't be coming in.

AAA ERA

Re: Houston@San Francisco 5/12-5/15

I see the Giants with a split in this series. No faithe in Zito and Misch. I look for Matt and Tim to get wins. Thime will tell us if I am right.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Hey, I would take a split with the Astros. They are one of the hottest teams in baseball right now. Please, cool them down by all means. It could possibly and hopefully help out the Brewers!!

painting the roses red. hot_corner_gurl's Avatar
    San Francisco (technically not, but close enough)
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

If I were a Giants fan, I would definately be happy with a split. I'm saying W-L-L-W. I still think Zito's gonna get his first win (although that is what I said last time). He's gotta get that (elusive) first win sooner rather than later.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

no better time than the present for Zito. He seemed to have pitched better in his last outing.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Must be that intense mental training that he went through when he was banished to the bullpen. Plus all that yoga that he does has really balanced his ch'i. Hopefully it'll result in a much-overdue win.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

0-8 is such a terrible record to look at. I hope I don't see it. We missed you Bear I would gladly take a split.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

The Retard finally puts up a lineup I can like.

1. Lewis-LF
    2. Vizquel-SS
    3. Winn-RF
    4. Molina-C
    5. Rowand-CF
    6. Bowker-1B
    7. Aurilia-3B
    8. Burriss-2B

Much rather have Rowand and Molina switch but I can live with this lineup. Hopefully it will generate some runs.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

The lineup does look good. Hopefully they'll be able to score some runs and FINALLY give Zito his first win. On the other end, hopefully Zito can stifle the 'stros offense and keep his team in the game.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Zito has an impressive 1-2-3 inning getting ahead of every hitter!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

To my amazement Zito has actually looked sharp with his command so far. Two scoreless innings!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I know! This could be the start of something good for Zito (provided he keeps it up).

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

30+ pitches for that one inning alone for Zito...he had thrown only 20 or so in the previous two!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Zito is getting a battle with most at bats but he has survived and has three shut out innings. He is really located his curveball.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Yeah you're right. Maybe I'm just making mountains out of molehills.

Wiggington booted that one...Burriss is safe on first and Zito executes the sac bunt perfectly.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast