Thread: Giants@Philadelphia 5/2-5/4

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Giants Giants@Philadelphia 5/2-5/4

Aaron Rowand returns to Philly and Zito is headed to the pen. This series has some interesting things. Rowand is off to a good start in a Giants uniform hitting .326 with 9 doubles, 2 HRs and 14 RBI. The Giants are coming off a series win against the defending NL Champions, the Rockies. The Giants will be going with a four man rotation having two off days which gives Zito some time to right his ship in the pen.

Game One- Pat Misch (0-0, 3.00 ERA) vs Kyle Kendrick (2-2, 5.13 ERA). Misch made his first appearance last week coming in relief for Zito going 6 innings and gave up just two runs. Neither pitcher has faced the opposing team in their short careers.

Game Two- Matt Cain (1-2, 4.41 ERA) vs Brett Myers (2-2, 5.11 ERA). Cain got his first win in his last start but it wasn't pretty. Cain went just 5 innings and had 5 walks. He did manage not to give up a run which is the whole point. As good as our bullpen has been so far, I'm not minding Cain's inability to go deep into ballgames as much. Cain is 0-2 with a 9.69 ERA against the Phillies in his career. Myers is 1-3 lifetime against the Giants with a 8.53 ERA. Should be interesting.

Game Three
    - Tim Lincecum (4-1, 1.73 ERA) vs Cole Hammels (3-3, 2.70 ERA). This is the game of the week! Two young studs facing off against each other. and having some early success. Lincecum was a victim of a lack of offense in his last start. He went 7 innings, struck out four and gave up three runs. Tim also gave up his first homer that game. Lincecum has a 9.00 ERA with no record against the Phillies. Hammels is 2-0 lifetime against the Gigantes with a 2.81 ERA.

The Phillies are straight mashing the ball right now so the Giants pitching has to bring their A game. I can see the Giants taking 2 of 3 but 1 of 3 is probably more realistic. Bochy, please let Ortmeier play over Bowker and bat Rowand in front of Molina.

MLB ERA

Re: Giants@Philadelphia 5/2-5/4

Yeah, game 3 should be a great pitchers dual, is it on SNB for ESPN?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

No, Cards vs Cubs is.

MLB ERA

Giants lose 6-5 in extra innings, Rowand, Castillo and Buress went 2-5 each, Rowand hit his 3rd jack of the year, Winn went 3-5, Misch went 4ip allowed 4 ers, our bullpen was excellent, expect for Wilson who couldn't ****ing close the game allowing 2 runs in the 10th.

painting the roses red. hot_corner_gurl's Avatar
    San Francisco (technically not, but close enough)
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

That was one heckuva tough game last nite. Rowand got a nice ovation in his return to Phillie, which I thought was good. And then he hit that homer to take the lead, then the Wilson blew it like you said. As for today's game, I think that if Cain can mentally rebound from his last start, then this shouldn't be that hard for him. Atleast that's what I'm hoping.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Sorry guys I have been out all weekend seeing the Cards/Cubs games in STL. Looks like we had a great game Friday night only for Wilson to blow it. Bowker broke out of his funk as the day off paid off. Last night's game was a good one too. Molina came through in the 9th and Cain looked great! Winn has had a good series and last night he stole a base along with Velez, Lewis and Durham. Giants have played this Philly team very well going 10 inning in both games. Tim is on the mound today so

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Well Bochy has put the worst lineup I have seen all year up against one of the best pitchers in the league

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Bochy's awful lineup just cost them a run. For some reason Velez is batting leadoff with his terrible numbers. It is 2-2 in the B-5th but the Giants had a great chance to go ahead with Holm hitting a leadoff double. Lincecum then bunted him over to third so no with one out there is a runner on third. Velez then swings at the first pitch and pops it up in foul territory to third. Burriss then grounds out blowing a chance to score. Velez shouldn't be playing as much as he is. His numbers aren't good and in no way should he be leading off. It is now 3-2 after Lincecum throws a wild pitch with the bases loaded. Should be tied All of Philly's runs are unearned!!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Its 4-4 now thanks to an Aurilia homer, his third of the year. Rowand singled before that and scored on the HR. Aurilia is 3-3 today!!! This series has been a great one so far!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Giants go up 5-4 off a Castillo RBI triple. Rowand scored again after a single and is now batting .337! They just intentionally walked Aurilia

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Damnit!! Giants once again can't hold a lead. Three games in a row this has happened. Chulk gives up a solo shot to tie it up. Velez just tried to bunt his way on with 2 outs in the top of the 9th

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Giants lose it in the bottom of the ninth with two outs. Yabu walked two batters in a row and Bochy left him in there! The Velez makes the game losing error at second. I hope now that some of you see why I don't like Velez playing so much. He went 0-5 and blew it in the 9th!!

I was encouraged by how well we played the Phillies. Today's game featured one of our worst lineups and we still only by a run and that was on an error. The bullpens blew two games but the Giants hung in there til the end. Giants could have swept this series.

painting the roses red. hot_corner_gurl's Avatar
    San Francisco (technically not, but close enough)
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I was watching the scoreboard while I was at the A's game and it was close all the way. I didn't know any of the details until I got home. Yabu should have been removed, and I still don't know why he was left in there. Lincecum actually pitched very well, but the defense really let him down. Three errors for five unearned runs. Fitting end to the game, I guess.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Yep a real disaster!