Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alfonzo Suspended 50 Games

AAA ERA

Re: Alfonzo Suspended 50 Games

Quote Originally Posted by jpants10 View Post
    i think what bear is getting at without knowing it is...
    if we keep moving these guys around, we might run out of franchise-options. see: davis, rajai.
    That is the practical side of it, and that is part of my point you have made for me. Thank you.

The second part the mental part of healing. How you show support. I am not saying Reefer is unfeeling, but I do think we lose sight of are long term goals in order to win a few more games in a season that has very little meaning in the big picture of what you are trying to do. At this point winning is not everything.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Putting a winning product on the field is all that matters. Even if Bochy won't manage well, the Giants still have to be smart. No one is running out of options here!! Rajai Davis did not come up in our system. The Giants gave up on him for Manny Burriss which is a whole other issue. To give up on the season now on the first day in May is ridiculous!! Giants have to be trying to field a team here. What mental healing is there? Players who aren't playing right now aren't going to be hurt by not being on a roster. That's just silly. They show support by paying him salary and paying for his therapy. Alfonzo is gone for 50 games and isn't getting any younger. There is no logical sense to keep them on the roster and nothing harsh about it. We are full on the roster and need room and more importantly pitchers!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

More on this roster issue. Frandsen is only on the 15-day DL. If he is simply moved to the 60-day DL, the Giants get a roster spot opened. Pretty logical to me!

AAA ERA

Putting a winning product on the field is all that matters.
    I respect your passion and love for the game. We just don't look at the game, and life the same way. Does that make you wrong? No! It just makes you someone I disagree with. To each his own.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I just don't see why anyone would want to see their favorite team lose when they could do something about it. But you're right, to each his own

AAA ERA

Now where have I said I want to see them lose? Show me? All I have said is at this point in the building process winning is not everything. That is not saying I want them to lose!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Poor choice of words maybe but you don't seem to want them to try and better the team and help their chances of winning. I don't see the O's, Rays or Marlins giving up just because no one thought they could win anything. Its very early and we are not out of anything. Might as well give the team the best shot to win, something Frandsen and Alfonzo understand. Sitting Bowker is a nice start

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Poor choice of words maybe but you don't seem to want them to try and better the team and help their chances of winning. I don't see the O's, Rays or Marlins giving up just because no one thought they could win anything. Its very early and we are not out of anything. Might as well give the team the best shot to win, something Frandsen and Alfonzo understand. Sitting Bowker is a nice start

We are talking apples and oranges here. First off its not the end product here that we don't see eye to eye about. Its the path one takes to get there. We would take very different paths, and who knows who would get there first. I don't want to just make the playoffs, I want to win it all. So to avoid the slippery path we went down before I will just excuse myself and return at a later date.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

No need bro! Its a simple debate That's what forums are for, baseball banter. Winning more games=more money which goes toward our future. Moving a guy from the 15 day DL to the 60 day DL to get some pitchers on the roster is not hurting anyone or anything. Losing a 29 yr old minor league catcher isn't going to hurt either. Can't win it all without making the playoffs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12