Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rockies@San Francisco 4/28-4/30

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Giants Rockies@San Francisco 4/28-4/30

The Giants are coming off a tough series loss against the Reds where they lost Kevin Correia and Rowand and Molina are battling nagging injuries. Now the Giants have to battle the defending Wild Card winners. There are a few things I would like to see the Giants do this series. Give Ray Durham more playing time. He has got to see more ABs and does have a six game hitting streak. Sit Bowker. He had a nice run earlier this month against the Cards but hasn't done anything since. Ortmeier needs to get more playing time at first and even Aurilia's bat is starting to wake up. Stop putting Velez in the OF. Let him pinch run or pinch hit but keep him out of the OF. We have plenty of more qualified guys to put out there instead of him. No one plays RF better than Winn so keep him out there.

Game One
    - Franklin Morales (1-1, 6.00 ERA) vs Matt Cain (0-2, 5.27 ERA). Cain is coming off a great game in his last start in which he went seven inning and gave up just one run while striking out seven. Cain's ERA was inflated due to one bad start where he gave up 9 ERs but has been good otherwise though he is tied for third in the league in walks. As you can see by my signature, he hasn't got much run support. Cain is 5-3 with a 3.12 ERA career wise against the Rockies. Morales is coming off a decent start where he gave up three runs through six innings.

Game Two
    - Aaron Cook (3-1, 2.91 ERA) vs Tim Lincecum (4-0, 1.43 ERA). This looks to be the game of the series with two good pitchers facing off. Lincecum has been our best pitcher and is 2nd in the league in strikeouts with 36. He won his last game going 6 1/3 striking out nine but did walk five. Cook went 8 IP giving up just two runs in his last start.

Game Three
    - Ubaldo Jimenez (1-2, 6.46 ERA) vs Jonathan Sanchez (2-1, 3.54 ERA). Sanchez is coming off his greatest start of his career going eight strong and striking out ten while giving up just one run. He also has only walk in that game. He too is tied for 2nd in the league in strikeouts. With Correia now out with an oblique injury, Sanchez has the leg up on keeping his spot in the rotation once Lowry returns if he didn't already. Jimenez was lit up in his last start giving up six runs in just 2 1/3 innings.

I am going out on a limb and saying the Giants sweep but Bochy will not take my advice as he won't see it so we most likely won't. Realistically I think we take two of three but I can see a sweep.

painting the roses red. hot_corner_gurl's Avatar
    San Francisco (technically not, but close enough)
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Re: Rockies@San Francisco 4/28-4/30

Hey the Giants actually scored some runs for Cain! Burriss's balk and singles by Durham and Rowand provided the offense for the Giants. Rox manager Clint Hurdle was ejected arguing the balk call.

2-0 Giants lead.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

I can see why Hurdle was upset. That's a call the first base ump should have made, he has a better angle on it than the home plate ump does.
    -Chris
    Don't let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

As long as the first base ump agrees, it is a balk. Didn't see it. Been fighting with my girlfriend.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    The Giants are coming off a tough series loss against the Reds where they lost Kevin Correia and Rowand and Molina are battling nagging injuries. Now the Giants have to battle the defending Wild Card winners. There are a few things I would like to see the Giants do this series. Give Ray Durham more playing time. He has got to see more ABs and does have a six game hitting streak. Sit Bowker. He had a nice run earlier this month against the Cards but hasn't done anything since. Ortmeier needs to get more playing time at first and even Aurilia's bat is starting to wake up. Stop putting Velez in the OF. Let him pinch run or pinch hit but keep him out of the OF. We have plenty of more qualified guys to put out there instead of him. No one plays RF better than Winn so keep him out there.
    Looks like Bochy took some of my ideas. Durham is starting and has a RBI single to extend his hitting streak to seven, Ortmeier is playing, just not at first but in LF. Ortmeier has a hit. Aurilia is playing first. If only Molina would stop hitting cleanup.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Cain has 70 pitches and isn't even through four innings yet

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Come on Cain; we need you to save your arm for when you are traded for Dunn.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Dream on my friend! Maybe Hennessey and Yabu for Dunn but Dunn hates first. Hatteberg wouldn't be so bad though.

Prediction:Cain lasts only six innings and the bullpen blows the win.

Hall of Famer
    MLB ERA

Hatteberg would actually hurt our team more than Dunn. It would cost you more.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Well at least Cain has ot given up any runs yet. That always helps the ol' E.RA!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

The man needs wins!! He had ERA last year. Durham and Winn pull the double steal. Durham has two now. Bochy better take note that Durham wants to play!!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

4-0 thanks to the Rockies walking in two runs. Maybe Cain can rest his arm and throw more innings since this is such a long inning. Its 4-0 in the 5th.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Cain wasn't sharp but could be in line to get a win!! Cain went 5.1 innings with 5 walks, 3 K's and gave up 4 hits. Chulk has pitched 1.2 of shutout ball in relief. Lewis is now in left. So much for a day off.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

I suggest Velez come off the bench and what do you know, he pinch hits, gets a single then steals second. I suggest Durham get playing time and he is 2-3 with a walk, RBI and two stolen base!! Bowker sits, Ortmeier plays and he gets two hits!! Thanks for reading Bruce!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Cain gets win #1 and Wilson has another interesting ninth. He gave up two hits but did have three K's. He is not lights out yet. Outside of Hennessey and Taschner, our bullpen has been pretty damn good! Hopefully once Threets comes back, Hennessey will be gone.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast