Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Giants@Arizona 4/21-4/22

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Giants Giants@Arizona 4/21-4/22

The Giants are coming off a series win against the Cards and the bats are starting to wake up. Molina and Rowand are seeing the ball well and the Giants relied on the double play ball last series. The Giants have a tough two game series against the best team in baseball in the DBacks. A split would be a good but a sweep is always better.

Game One
    - Kevin Correia vs Micah Owings. Correia's last start came against these Dbacks and he was lit up for 5 ERs in 6 IP. Correia is 1-2 with a 4.12 ERA on the year. Owings gave up just one run one three hits in six innings in his last start against the Giants.

Game Two- Barry Zito vs Brandon Webb. Zito is winless but does seem to show the slightest bit of improvement in each start. The Giants offense isn't helping Zito out too much either scoring just three runs in his four starts. Zito gave up 3 ERs in 6 IP in his last start against these same Dbacks. Webb went eight strong giving just one run.

AAA ERA

Re: Giants@Arizona 4/21-4/22

I would be happy with a split!

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Owings might just out hit the San Francisco lineup
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

Closed
    AAA ERA

Zito sucks and Webb is terrific so I really think that game goes to the D-Backs. The other game is more a toss up, but because the Giants lineup is so weak I will have to say Owings will own the Giants.

Sweep for D-Backs.

Go AZ,

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Giants up 2-1 in the 3rd. Rowand doubled and later scored on Castillo's single and Lewis hit his first homer of the year.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Big time double play!! Dbacks had the bases loaded and a double play gets them out of the inning!! Burriss got the start at SS and Velez at 2b. Bowker is starting at first since Aurilia sucks.

I will tell you what Correia and the D are on it tonight for you guys

Im not watching the game im at work. But im trying to keep up on it with the scoreboard online. So my info may be off. Lewis had that Home right, where did the other run come from?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Lewis homered and Castillo had a RBI single. Brynes just hit a two-run shot making it 3-2. Giants just blew a chance to score.

Look like runners on 3rd and 2nd at the top of the 6th. Thought you guys had some runs right there

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

4-2 now thanks to a O-dog homer. Valdez gave up the shot.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Giants lose 4-2 and helped by Rich Aurilia striking out to end the game in a pinch hit situation. Aurilia has been awful and never should have been pinch hitting. Aurilia is hitting .179 and has hit all singles. He isn't contributing anything and playing time has to be cut. Bowker and Ortmeier need to start getting regular play and Aurilia can help spell Castillo at third. Rowand continues to stay hot going 2-4 with two doubles. Castillo and Lewis were both 2-4 with a RBI. Hennessey threw a scoreless inning lowering his ERA to 12.66

D'Backs Re: Giants@Arizona 4/21-4/22

Round 2 here in a little bit. Whats up for tonight you think its going to be Big Z or Webb? I thought SF had them yesterday man it looked close!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Webb is the best on the planet right now so it will be tough. Zito has had hardly any run support this year while having a 4.50 ERA. Its amazing his ERA is that low looking at these games. Errors have been huge in his losses.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast