Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bowker To First?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Giants Bowker To First?

John Bowker worked out at first base before Monday's game.
    The Giants are toying with the idea of converting Bowker to first a la Dan Ortmeier. Ortmeier's struggles at the plate have caused him to focus on hitting form the right side, leaving the Giants looking for a left-handed option at first. The left-handed Bowker has two home runs and seven RBI in his first two major league games.
    I asked for it in another thread and looks like someone else was smart. Bowker has a great left handed swing and needs to find another position in a system with enough OFers. Hopefully he will continue to get more practice and play some first in blowout games.

AAA ERA

Re: Bowker To First?

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    I asked for it in another thread and looks like someone else was smart. Bowker has a great left handed swing and needs to find another position in a system with enough OFers. Hopefully he will continue to get more practice and play some first in blowout games.

I do not care where he plays just as long as he is given a full chance. I still say they should unload Aaron Rowand mid year for a bunch of prospects. Let him play for a contender, and let the Giants continue to rebuild with youth.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Moving Rowand is easier said than done. I don't see any real suitors Rowand considering his contract and the fact he will be in LF in a couple of years.

painting the roses red. hot_corner_gurl's Avatar
    San Francisco (technically not, but close enough)
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

I heard that it was JT Snow coaching Bowker at first. I don't think the kid will have too hard a time adjusting. As for Rowand, I don't see him being moved any time soon. He's got the contract and with injuries, I don't know how many teams will wanna take a gamble on him.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Yeah J.T. has been working with Aurilia and Ortmeier and wouldn't lwant any other coach doing it.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

What's the kid's story? One of your top hitting prospects?
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Yeah, he hit .307/.363/.523 with 22 HRs and 90 RBI in AA last year and has already torn it up since coming up to the big leagues. He possesses a good left handed stroke and is only 24.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

The San Francisco Chronicle reports that Randy Winn "might find himself on the bench more than expected" because of the emergence of John Bowker.

Winn, who played 155 games last season, was out of the lineup Tuesday. "We'll see what happens," Winn said. "This year they said they were going to go with younger players, and they're doing it. I think it's not a big surprise. If they come to me, I'll have a better answer for you. Right now, I'm just going with the flow."
    No, no and no! Winn is one of our better hitters and for this team to win any games, he has to be in the lineup. I am all in favor of Bowker getting playing time, just not over Winn. Give him a crash course at first base and get Aurilia out of there. Rich is killing this team right now. Winn is one of our best all around players. Stop playing Velez in the OF if you want more ABs for Bowker.

MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Winn as trade bait, perhaps
    Marshall: MILSWANCAs?
    Ted
    : Wait, I can get this. Mothers I'd like to sleep with and never call again.
    Barney: Circle gets the square!

The 2074 MSL NL Gold Glove Recipient at Third Base.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

He will definitely be trade bait but not this early. Winn also needs time to build trade value. He had a good year last year and needs to have a good one this year.

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    He will definitely be trade bait but not this early. Winn also needs time to build trade value. He had a good year last year and needs to have a good one this year.
    Randy Winn, Aaron Rowand, Dave Roberts they should all be trade bait. But Reefer is right Winn is the best of the three and needs to play to build up his value.

And when you talk of the young outfielders do not forget Nate Schierholtz. Why they brought in Rowand is beyond me. Another mistake.

Rowand will not be moved anytime soon. I distinctly heard laughter from 31 major league franchises when that happened. Why anyone would want an underperforming baboon that runs into walls is beyond me. Especially now that he's got a huge price tag on his back.

Roberts will retire before he leaves the Giants. His claim to fame is stealing 2nd base in 2004. I don't know if he's finally figured out that they make Just for Men for facial hair, but the greying and his stats tell me that he's on the severe decline.

Winn is the only one of the 3 that should be allowed to play over the rooks. Why? He's the only one to perform! I could see him fetching a few prospy's, but take a look around, the Giants are the only ones that are looking to put players on the block before we're even 1/4 the way into the season! That's concerning...

Cain + Lincecum + Correia + Lewis + Velez + Castillo + Bowker (+/-) Davis = the future. Ortmeier, Schierholtz, and Bocock may look great in practice, but they haven't really proven themselves on the field when it's game time.

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by jpants10 View Post
    Rowand will not be moved anytime soon. I distinctly heard laughter from 31 major league franchises when that happened. Why anyone would want an underperforming baboon that runs into walls is beyond me. Especially now that he's got a huge price tag on his back.

Roberts will retire before he leaves the Giants. His claim to fame is stealing 2nd base in 2004. I don't know if he's finally figured out that they make Just for Men for facial hair, but the greying and his stats tell me that he's on the severe decline.

Winn is the only one of the 3 that should be allowed to play over the rooks. Why? He's the only one to perform! I could see him fetching a few prospy's, but take a look around, the Giants are the only ones that are looking to put players on the block before we're even 1/4 the way into the season! That's concerning...

Cain + Lincecum + Correia + Lewis + Velez + Castillo + Bowker (+/-) Davis = the future. Ortmeier, Schierholtz, and Bocock may look great in practice, but they haven't really proven themselves on the field when it's game time.
    If Rowand is hitting over .300 at the trading deadline I think some team will take him off our hands. Roberts most likely is not going to be moved. Winn I believe will move for sure.

As for the future of the Giants future the Giants management believes that Schierholtz is the power source of the future. If Bocock can ever get to the .275 point in hitting he has a future with the Giants.

Want a moustache ride? BrewerBall13's Avatar
    Rookie ERA

Red Sox Re: Bowker To First?

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    If Bocock can ever get to the .275 point in hitting he has a future with the Giants.

AAA ERA

He speaks in photo's, how sweet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast