Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Giants Home Opener: Friars@San Francisco 4/7-4/9

Re: Giants Home Opener: Friars@San Francisco 4/7-4/9

u-g-l-y the giants ain't got no alibi. that win was ugly. yeah, yeah, it was ugly.
    name that molina!
    yadier?
    no, i'm sorry. i was looking for BENJI!

MLB ERA

Nice win, I will take it, Lincecum went 6 strong, 1er, 7k, 1 bb, I was really impressed with Hennessey's outing, I thought he would be rattled since his last outing, but he just wowed me, 2ip, 3k, 0 er. The hero of the game was Molina, 2-5, 2 hr, a walkoff HR in the 11th. Also I think Velez should start over Durham, Velez could be a table setter when he gets on base, kind of similar to what Jose Reyes is for the Mets, because we know our problems getting the leadoff man on base.

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by jpants10 View Post
    u-g-l-y the giants ain't got no alibi. that win was ugly. yeah, yeah, it was ugly.
    name that molina!
    yadier?
    no, i'm sorry. i was looking for BENJI!
    Ugly or not it is a win and they will be few of them this year so we can't be picky. You have to crawl before you walk, and last night the Giants crawled.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by jpants10 View Post
    when you're in a tied ballgame, and you have a runner on second base with nobody out, i don't care who the f*ck you are, you bunt the g-damn baseball. end of story. how randy winn was allowed to swing away is beyond me. snake-bit play my @$$. more like snake-bit managing. f*cking bocci-ball.
    You're 100% right especially when this team has proved that offense doesn't come easily. Molina was a beast last night and will once again lead this team in RBI. He seems to be the only one who can hit with RISP. The bullpen was great aside from Wilson's blown save. Hennessey finally threw a scoreless inning and even did it twice.

As far as Velez getting to start over Durham, I would hold off on that for now. Velez's defense is an issue you have to think about. All this team has is pitching and a poor defense hurts. Not that Durham is much better bt does know the position. I am fine with Durham getting four starts and Velez getting three per week for right now.

Ortmeier is strictly batting right handed and it could have come sooner. This should have happened in the spring but didn't. The Giants had to make JT stop that shit and now Ortmeier will have to too.

AAA ERA

Velez is not going to get any better watching Durham play. Either you are for a youth movment or you are not.

Ortmeier is first baseman and should be playing there. The Giants just seem to have no plan or clue on how to rebuild.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Easing Velez in the lineup=youth movement.
    Ortmeier hasn't earned anything. I would use my plan towards Velez on Ortmeier and see if his strictly right handed approach works.

MLB ERA

If I'm not mistaken, didn't the Mets throw Reyes and Wright into the wolves in 05? Or did they sit on bench and watched whoever was playing ahead of them?

AAA ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Easing Velez in the lineup=youth movement.
    Ortmeier hasn't earned anything. I would use my plan towards Velez on Ortmeier and see if his strictly right handed approach works.
    Playing Durham takes up valuable playing time, and a chance for a young player to develop.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFanatic View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, didn't the Mets throw Reyes and Wright into the wolves in 05? Or did they sit on bench and watched whoever was playing ahead of them?
    Wright came up in 2004 and was eased into the lineup. Reyes was thrown to the wolves only to have two seasons filled with leg injuries. Velez isn't close to being a Reyes or Wright. Velez's only shot at making the club was as a utility guy and that's what he should be for now. Getting experience everywhere (except RF). Durham provides a different kind of offense than Velez which is why we need the balance of Velez and Durham. Velez provides speed while Durham provides some pop in this weak lineup.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    Playing Durham takes up valuable playing time, and a chance for a young player to develop.
    True but I dont think Durham would have had as much of a playing time if Frandsen hadn't gotten injured.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Frandsen would most likely be playing third right now if he didn't get hurt over Castillo.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Sanchez is looking damn good tonight. He already has 6 K's in 4 innings and only given up one hit. Velez is 0-2 in the leadoff spot. Giants only have two hits and Winn and Aurilia possess those. 0-0 going into the 5th.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Sanchez got out of a tough situation with runners on second and third and one out. He struck out Germano and Giles flew out to LF. Good to see from Sanchez.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Sanchez blows it at the plate. Bocock stole second after a single and then Sanchez blew the sac bunt which would have given us a run. Next two batters flew out to the OF. Rowand couldn't get it done with a runner on third and two outs. We have to start getting those hits.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Sanchez now has 10 K's in 6 IP!!!! A lot of strikeouts isn't a shock with these Padres but still impressive! Now get some runs!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast