Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bonds Removed From AT&T Park

MLB ERA

Re: Bonds Removed From AT&T Park

I read the story when it first came, I just didn't know what hell to say when it came out.

But now after thinking about this situation, I have lost all the respect I had for the Giants organization. Barry Bonds is/was the face of the franchise, he was the reason why people filled up those seats, he was the reason why the new ballpark was built, he was the reason why the Giants didn't move to Florida, he was the reason why the Giants were in contention from 01-04 despite having no one protect him.

Show some loyalty, show come class, you should help the person up who saved this franchise, when he's down, dont just ****ing kick'em while he's down!

Hell, the Yankees should just remove everything that Ruth has in Yankee stadium and the Braves should remove everything that Hank Aaron has in there stadium!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

With little fanfare but in plain sight to anybody entering AT&T Park on Monday, the Giants unveiled a pair of new displays that commemorate Barry Bonds' slugging exploits for the club.

On the wall in right-center field appeared an orange shield-shaped plaque emblazoned with the number 756, a tribute to the home run Bonds hit last Aug. 7 to become baseball's all-time leader in that category. After the top of the second inning Monday, the Giants made note of the new plaque with a PA announcement and displaying it on the scoreboard.

Near that plaque, in the first archway of the right-center-field wall adjacent to the 421-foot marker, the Giants began displaying the career home run figures of the four players to exceed 500 home runs while spending most or all of their careers with the franchise -- the largest such contingent in the Major Leagues. Bonds' surname and his total, 762, appear with those of Willie Mays (660), Willie McCovey (521) and Mel Ott (511).
    If this is the best they can do, I am extremely disappointed. Shame on the front office for not providing an "exit strategy" for Bonds and then hardly acknowledging what he did for the franchise.

MLB ERA

I am in no way, shape, or form a Bonds fan, but I can't imagine a club making a more classless, disrespectful, and insulting move than this. I would just guess that the club is trying to distance itself from the steroid allegations circling around Bonds, I don't know but that's just my thought as someone who doesn't follow the Giants). But anyway, how can you totally disrespect a guy who spent 15 years with the club, won five MVP awards in that time, and led the team to the post-season 4 times including a World Series appearance?
    Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

LeagueTeamRecordStandingDivision TitlesWild CardLDS WinsLCS WinsWS Wins
    MSLRangers27-111st2731772
    PSLJedi31-448th00000

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12