Thread: Frandsen Out For The Year?

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Frandsen Out For The Year?

Kevin Frandsen ruptured his left Achilles tendon in a minor league game on Monday.
    Frandsen was testing an Achilles injury he originally suffered on March 16. GM Brian Sabean declined to comment on the injury pending an MRI, but there's a chance he could miss the entire season with the injury. He was expected to make the team as a utilityman. Eugenio Velez will likely take his roster spot.
    Instead of just going on the DL they play him and now we might lose him for the year. More genius by Bochy and the Giants. Sabean now has to be on the phones trying to get something GOOD done!!!

MLB ERA

Re: Frandsen Out For The Year?

Damm, that ****ing sucks. Pressure is on Sabean now to get some kind of a deal done ASAP.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Felipe Lopez is available but he comes at a cost, $4.9 million for '08. He can play SS and 3B but isn't having a good spring. Inge is the best bet right now to be productive.

MLB ERA

How much is it going to cost to get Inge? I would think it wouldn't cost much since the Tigers locked up Caberra.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

The Tigers will have to eat some money if they expect good players in return. Here's what his contract looks like. 2008: $6.2 million, 2009: $6.3 million, 2010: $6.6 million.

MLB ERA

Honestly, I rather give Detroit bag of balls/avg prospect and take on the 18m for three years, then give them a quality prospect for and have them eat some of his salary.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

This does not help fill any holes. Sorry guys. I guess Durham gets to play 2nd for another year huh.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Durham will get to when he's healthy. He is likely to start the season on the DL. Durham had a good spring and won the second base job outright. His health has changed things.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

ah, didn't realize that he was injuried.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

An MRI confirmed that Kevin Frandsen ruptured his Achilles' tendon and will miss the season.
    Frandsen will need surgery, which hasn't been scheduled yet, and is expected to be on crutches for at least two months. Eugenio Velez will assume Frandsen's backup job.
    This just pisses me off!! All I can do is hope Frandsen has a full recovery and compete for next year's second base job.

son of bish! finally the giants had a YOUNG prospy with all-star potential a few years down the road. well, at least when he comes back he'll still be younger than, oh yeah, most EVERYONE on the giants' roster.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Ouch! What a painful injury. And crutches are no fun. I have had my share of those bad boys. ANd let me tell you, crutches are not fun!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jpants10 View Post
    son of bish! finally the giants had a YOUNG prospy with all-star potential a few years down the road. well, at least when he comes back he'll still be younger than, oh yeah, most EVERYONE on the giants' roster.
    I highly doubt Frandsen has much All-Star potential. He's never displayed any true power threat at any level although he has put up some solid numbers down below. By all means I hope you're right, but realistically I think he has a solid chance of being the next Craig Biggio. In a year or two I think he could be putting up .270/.340/.400 or something along those lines. I think his pure hustle could turn him into a solid everyday player.

With his injury, at least we'll get a chance to see the Giants forced into playing Velez. And while I'm scared for his D, he'll at least be exciting to watch.

as i recall, biggio was a 7-time all-star who received mvp votes on 5 occasions (thank you baseballreference.com). as a 2-bagger in the nl...he's got to compete with hudson (dbacks), matsui (though unlikely) (astros), weeks (brewers), kennedy (cards), uggla (fish), utley (phils), and phillips (reds) for the up and coming premier players at that position. given the opportunity to mature, he might prove to be a valuable member to the giants and possibly an nl standout. i guess time will tell...

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

All Star? Maybe but wouldn't count on it. Solid player? I think so. He could be a Mark Loretta type guy.