Thread: Nobody Knows

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Nobody Knows

Neither Bochy or the rest of the SF Giants know who is going to be on the 25 man roster and where anyone would play at this point. This team is in shambles. Too many questions right now and we are a week away from Opening Day. Will the Giants keep Ortmeier? If so, will he start? If not, will Aurilia play first or third? If first, who plays third? Who is the backup catcher? Who will be in the bullpen? Who will be the 4th and 5th OFers? The roster is no where near set thanks to injuries and players fighting for spots not stepping up. Durham and Frandsen are candidates to start the season on the DL along with Lowry, Vizquel, Chulk and I'm sure I'm forgetting someone. Here is what we know for sure:

1B-
    2B-
    SS-
    3B-
    LF- Roberts
    CF- Rowand
    RF- Winn
    C- Molina

SP- Zito
    SP- Cain
    SP- Lincecum
    SP- Correia
    SP- Sanchez

RP- Hennessey
    RP- Wilson
    RP- Kline
    RP- Taschner
    RP-
    RP-

That is a lot of ****ing holes!! The Giants got Jose Castillo but he isn't any good. Sabean has got to do better than this. We need proven players that can play at a high level at one spot, not a lot of utility guys playing three positions at an average level. We also need a backup catcher. Alfonzo showed some power in short stints as a Giant and had a great winter but nothing has crossed over to this season. He plays poor defense too. We need a proven backup to fill in and I know we can find one of those anywhere. A week away from game one with this many questions shows how the front office has let us down. The Giants had many opportunities to get guys this offseason and didn't. How good would a Ben Broussard look right now at first base? A David Riske in the bullpen? They aren't big names but they could be in SF. Total disappointed and Sabean has got to do something quick to put a quality product on the field. I can't believe how much he has screwed up the first season of the post-Bonds era.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

Re: Nobody Knows

YIKES! That does NOT look good. Sorry, bro. I know that is frustrating and ridiculous for a major league team. And they are not even a new franchise. That is what it looks like right now. I truly am sorry. I like the Giants, too. I became a band wagon fan, i guess, when Will "The Thrill" CLark played there. I drifted when Bonds was there though. I did not like him in Pittsburgh either. ANd I have always liked the Pirates also. Outside of Milwaukee, San Fran and Pittsburgh have always been my other teams that I follow.