Thread: The Giants Offer For Crede

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

The Giants Offer For Crede

According to the SF Chronicle, the Giants last offer for Joe Crede was Scott Williamson, Randy Messenger and Dave Roberts. This should tell you how long ago Sabean has talked with Kenny Williams since Williamson has been released and Messenger has been sent to AAA. This should also tell you that the Giants are being smart for once. Crede is having a horrible spring and coming off back surgery but is being supported by former teammate and new Giant Aaron Rowand. The Giants should be looking at Brandon Inge or Andy Marte. Marte is having a great spring and Inge is a great defender with some pop in his bat. With Inge come his contract but gives us a chance to dump some bad contracts on them. I just find this offer to the White Sox an encouraging sign for future trades. Be smart and do not give up too much for questionable players.

AAA ERA

Re: The Giants Offer For Crede

That's not a smart trade offer, it's an insulting trade offer. Joe Crede is a good player, and a great defensive 3B. I wouldn't put too much stock into Spring Training batting average. What matters more is how he looks swinging the bat. Does he have his normal swing? Is he still making the same defensive plays? If he is, why would the Giants waste their time with a ridiculous offer like that.
    Former GM of...
    S3SL Padres 2017-2030
    SBSL Isotopes 2007-2009
    TSSL Cubs 2006-2018
    TPSL Cubs 2007-2018

i wanna say this was a terrible offer. but let's remember that the giants just released pedro feliz, a fantastic defensive third baseman. granted, he couldn't hit his weight, but i don't think defense is a priority for the giants this preseason (though, given the improbability of finding a high impact offensive player to actually bring some run producing potential, it really should be). what this really seemed like was an attempt to give the sox one marginal player, a piece of the farm, and unload a major league player (and his contract).

maybe we'll see a more credible offer at inge...the giants should certainly be able to afford him.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Of course it was a horrible offer but it should have been. Joe Crede's numbers are hardly better than Feliz's so why would we give anything special for that? Sabean doesn't have to trade for him just to make a trade. Smart thinking from Sabean not to give up potential starter Sanchez. Looks like the Giants will start the year with Aurilia at first and Frandsen at third.