Thread: Giant Trouble

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Giant Trouble

The Giants are now nine games out and falling. The Phillies handed us our fifth straight loss as Tomko once again got shafted. Over 11 outings -- taking away 10 runs of support in his last victory on May 25 vs. the Dodgers -- the Giants have averaged a mere 1.36 runs of support for Tomko's cause. This is pathetic. Christiansen, who I think is next to go, struggled once again but the only good thin that came from this game was Scott Munter. This tall drink of water continues to impress with his hard sinkerball. Christiansen is next to leave I think because we now have Hawkins. Hawkins does very well against lefties. Brower also struggled raising his ERA over 6. You would think that letting Herges go would make these struggling guys pitch better but not yet. These guys no that their job is up for grabs and they need to perform better. No job is safe in the Giants bullpen.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    I wouldn't mind Herges returning to the Dodgers, though he's not the same pitcher now as he was with us.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Herges was really good to us in 2003 when we picked him up. Same situation as LaTroy Hawkins. Throw him in as the closer and he fails. Then he is not the same. A change of scenery will do him good.