Thread: Life Without Bonds

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Life Without Bonds

This is a good read.

ESPN - New-look Giants looking to bond without Bonds - MLB

I have been hearing guys like Jim Rome and Colin Cowherd saying the Giants are burying Bonds now that he's gone and that's simply not true and this article shows that. Just because they think things are a lot looser and an overall better environment doesn't mean they still wouldn't like the greatest homerun hitter of all-time on this team. This is the reality. Omar Vizquel was re-signed for the purpose of playing good defense and help the post-Bonds era in the clubhouse. I liked what Frandsen had to say about Barry helping his swing. He did the same thing for Ortmeier a couple of years ago.

I know this team isn't going to do well in '08 but this team will be fun to watch. Rowand has already made an impact on the young guys and Zito is being a leader. Two easy going guys along with Vizquel leading this team will have its great moments and might even surprise a lot of people.

MLB ERA

Re: Life Without Bonds

The Giants, their fans and the City of SF owe a very well deserved thank you to Barry. After all he paid for that new ballpark and even the surrounding businesses benefited from Barry's HR chase.

JMO.

Brewers/Steelers Fan!!!
    MLB ERA

I will follow the Giants closer again. They are one of my two other favorite teams after the Brewers. (Pirates and Giants are the other two teams I like after the Brewers. They are both a VERY distant second to the Brewers though).

painting the roses red. hot_corner_gurl's Avatar
    San Francisco (technically not, but close enough)
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Yeah you guys have a pretty good group of guys. It'll be interesting to see how they work together and how they'll fare against the other teams. I'll definately be keeping my eye on them. Maybe even go to a few games...who knows?

MLB ERA

Been a Giants fan since 93, didn't have cable until 99 so I didn't get a chance to watch that many Giants games. But this year will be my first year watching the Giants play without Bonds, its going to be very similar transition when Rice left the Niners.
    I will always say that I have been extremely lucky to grow up watching two of the greatest athletes ever in sports to be potential being the all-time great in there sport. And they both happen to play in the same city, about the same age, I never realized how fortunate I have been, I will always embrace those years.

I really hope some contender picks up Bonds so he can get his ring. Bonds is really close to approaching some milestones, he is 14 games from 3000 games played, he's 65 hits shy of 3000 hits, 4 rbi shy of 2000 rbi, and 38 hrs shy of 800, Bonds also has a career BA of .298 so if he can hit like .315-.320ish he can raise his career avg past .300.