Thread: Kline, Alfonso Cut!!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Giants Kline, Alfonso Cut!!

Giants designated LHP Steve Kline for assignment.
    Kline wasn't good this spring and lost his bullpen spot to Jack Taschner. It came as a surprise to the 35-year-old. "Shocked," Kline said. "What else can you be? Hopefully I can sign up with another team and play my a- off somewhere else and try to bring something good for another team."

Eliezer Alfonzo was told Saturday that he won't have a spot on the Giants.
    Amazingly, Steve Holm is now the No. 2 catcher for the Giants. However, the team is actively pursuing an upgrade and could have one in place for Opening Day.
    Good for the Giants to cut ties with Kline. It was a shame he couldn't have done better and made a trade to improve this team but this is a step in the right direction. Giants need to be in the market for another backup catcher because Holm isn't going to cut it!

MLB ERA

Re: Kline, Alfonso Cut!!

I think you're right. Holm is a feel good story that will probably do well in the beginning and fade.

MLB ERA

Wow that sucks for Alfonso man, I really liked the kid, he had a good run with us in 06, but never rebounded from his knee/ankle(one or the other) injury from last year.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

It does suck but so did his spring. Holm's AA stats suggests he has a decent bat and a good eye at the plate. What's not encouraging is it took him six seasons to getting some regular playing time at AA. I wonder who the Giants will get to backup Molina. Mike Piazza has some free time!