Thread: Hallelujah!!!!!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Hallelujah!!!!!

The Giants are no longer interested in signing Pedro Feliz.
    "We made a two-year offer, which he rejected. We've pretty much moved on from there," said GM Brian Sabean, though it's been reported that Feliz wants to hire new agents and try to sign a one-year deal in San Fran. Joe Crede and Scott Rolen could become targets at third for San Francisco, who is still looking for a regular at the position. The other option would be a platoon of Rich Aurilia and Kevin Frandson, who also figures to see significant time at second base.
    And then there's this:
    The Mercury News reports that the Giants will monitor Joe Crede this spring, and if healthy, there's a "good chance" they could acquire him for a pitcher.
    The Giants have reportedly been shopping Matt Cain, who would be a solid fit in the back of a Chicago rotation that is starved for experience. Giants special assistant Ron Schueler, the former White Sox GM, has been pushing the team to acquire Crede.
    Both quotes are kind of screwed up. Rolen has already been traded and the Jays would be dumb to trade him again. The second quote has the Giants as shopping Cain but they haven't. Sabean has already said Cain and Lincecum are off limits. Rotoworld has some idiots if they think Crede is somehow worth Cain and that Cain would be in the back of that awful rotation in Chitown.

The main point is that the post-Feliz era can finally begin!!!!!

MLB ERA

Re: Hallelujah!!!!!

LOL Cain for Crede? This idiot has to be on crack.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

The Phillies have signed Feliz to a two year deal. Let the party begin!! Looks like it will be Frandsen and Aurilia platooning at third with the possibility of getting Joe Crede. Indians have made it clear they plan on holding onto Andy Marte.

painting the roses red. hot_corner_gurl's Avatar
    San Francisco (technically not, but close enough)
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Congrats on the trade...the contract is worth about $15 mil I think. And because of his whole case with abrtitraion, the Giants should get another pick inbetween the first and second rounds this year.

Whats a girl to do? KatesGiants's Avatar
    Rookie ERA

Quote Originally Posted by hot_corner_gurl View Post
    Congrats on the trade...the contract is worth about $15 mil I think. And because of his whole case with abrtitraion, the Giants should get another pick inbetween the first and second rounds this year.
    What trade? Pedro was a free agent. The pick is automatic in any free-agent signing. I am happy Pedro is gone though. What a slug.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Also, Pedro was a Type B free agent so we get no draft pick.

MLB ERA

I can't believe Feliz got $15 million. Helluva job by his agent I guess but IMO this shit is way out of control (salaries) but every year somebody does something like this.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Settle down now. Feliz only got $8.5 over two years. The Giants would have probably given him $15 mil.

MLB ERA

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    Settle down now. Feliz only got $8.5 over two years. The Giants would have probably given him $15 mil.

I can't believe that Feliz got $8.5 million over two years.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

LOL I can't either really but knew someone would grab him. I just wish Sabean could find a time machine and do this two years ago.

MLB ERA

We love letting go 3b to the Phillies thats for sure, LOL.