Thread: I think the Giants can still rebuild with Bonds

MLB ERA

I think the Giants can still rebuild with Bonds

If suppose Giants do sign Bonds, I think we can still be young at other positions besides LF, personally thats what I would preffer, because just having Bonds's presence in the duggout/locker room can help our young guys out.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: I think the Giants can still rebuild with Bonds

Bonds is not a locker room kind of guy and not one who gets buddy-buddy with the younger guys. He has given advice to guys like Ortmeier but not to too many others. Sabean has a lot of work to do and the Giants will have to eat some money to do it. Durham has to be traded as he is hitting under .220. With the acquisition of Rajai Davis, Roberts has to be traded as well. Roberts numbers are pathetic. If in fact the Giants do keep Bonds, it will have to be for a lot less than what he is making this year and we will have to get another power hitter to hit behind him. I am talking a real power hitter and not guys like Alou, Edgardo Alfonzo, Benito Santiago, etc. All I know is that the Giants need to separate themselves from Bonds and start fresh. We have the starting pitching to get over the "rebuilding years" but need a bullpen and some ****ing offense!!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Re: I think the Giants can still rebuild with Bonds

Quote Originally Posted by love_that_reefer View Post
    We have the starting pitching to get over the "rebuilding years" but need a bullpen and some ****ing offense!!
    Boy, did Sabean and Bochy let us down on getting past the rebuilding years. They added no bullpen help or offense in the first post-Bonds season