Thread: Giants win the Battle of the Bay

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Giants win the Battle of the Bay

After losing the opener, the Giants won the next two games taking two of three from the A's. It was a pitcher's duel between Zito and Lowry with Lowry getting his first win in 8 starts. He had lost five in a row before tonight's win. He finally got ahead of hitters and for the most part left the ball down in the zone. Noah's breaking ball was also great. Alou hit a two run homer in the bottom of the sixth to give the Giants a 2-1 lead. His bat woke up this series hitting a homer Friday night. Walker saved two of the three games and has amazing done a good job. He now has 6 saves. Grissom is on the 15 day DL as Brian Dallimore takes his spot as Durham is having problems. Schmidt is scheduled to pitch Tuesday against the Dodgers. He could really fire up this team with a big win over the Dodgers if he shows vintage Schmidt.

Furcals Designated Driver realmofotalk's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries
    Jason Schmidt vs. the Dodgers?

I'd be happy to face Schmidt even if I was the Royals right now. He wasn't that good when he was healthy and he's coming off of the D.L. so who knows how rusty he'll be.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Let's hope he looks like Tomko did after his stint last year.

He looked like Barry at the plate but the same struggling Schmidt on the mound.

Stoners are worthless padrefanforever's Avatar
    MLB ERA
    good job SF........keep beating down LA and we'll all get along

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA
    Schmidt looked good to me. His fastball topped out at 95mph in the third and had 7 k's through 5 innings. This to me is nothing more than getting the rust off. He was only hitting 91 mph on the radar gun before the DL. Let's just hope today his shoulder feels fine.

I sure hope so. Man theirs nothing better then beating the Dodgers even with a crappy team. Barry will be back soon according to all the reports. September should be fun.