Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Giants vs D'backs 6/29-7/1

MLB ERA

Giants vs D'backs 6/29-7/1

From one division-title contender to the next, the Giants will host Arizona for three games after dropping a series to San Diego earlier in the week. These are the teams the Giants want to be taking games from; now they just need to start taking them.

"We come out here every day and give it our best. We're professionals, all of us -- myself, the staff, the players," Bochy said after Wednesday's loss. "We're paid to do a job and that's come out here and give it your best. That's what we have to keep doing."
    The Giants and the D-backs have been pretty evenly matched this season. The Giants swept Arizona in their first meeting, and then Arizona returned the favor in the next matchup.
    The D-backs are up 5-4 in games this season, but the Giants are 3-0 against the D-backs at China Basin. The Giants are also 91-68 against Arizona all-time.
    The Giants' best skid stopper, Matt Morris, will start for the Giants in his third appearance against Arizona this season. Morris is 4-5 with one save and a 3.36 ERA against the D-backs. On Friday, he will be starting against former Giants pitcher Livan Hernandez.
    Hernandez pitched for the Giants from 1999-2002 and complied a 4.56 ERA and 484 strikeouts.
    Pitching matchup
    SF: RHP Matt Morris (7-4, 3.39 ERA)
    Morris didn't earn the win in his last start, but the Giants halted an eight-game losing skid behind him. Morris gave up 13 hits, but limited the Yankees to four runs over 5 2/3 innings. He has faced the D-backs twice this season and was saddled with a loss in both meetings despite allowing just a run in an eight-inning complete game against them on June 6.
    ARI: RHP Livan Hernandez (5-5, 4.68 ERA)
    Hernandez's month-long struggles continued Saturday against the Orioles, as he allowed four runs on nine hits in four-plus innings. Hernandez, among the league leaders in walks, also dealt with control problems, giving out four free passes and racking up 99 pitches (56 strikes). Hernandez is 0-2 with a 10.83 ERA in his past three starts and 0-3 with a 7.67 ERA in five June outings. Player to watch
    Omar Vizquel's fancy glove work is always exciting to watch, and the shortstop was swinging the bat better than he had been all season, 6-for-15 with a homer in the three games before tightness in his groin forced him to sit out. He's expected back in the lineup Friday and holds a .333 career average against Hernandez
    We should take advantage of Livan in the 1st game, since he's been struggling.

MLB ERA

Re: Giants vs D'backs 6/29-7/1

Giants lose another close one, Giants just are awful in close games this year, thats why there 12 games under .500, Morris went 7 ip 3 run, 2 ER, 10 hits, Bonds goes 2-4 game tying homerun in the 8th, 2 rbis, run, Klesko also hit a homerun. Hennessy gave up the gave winning homerun to Montero in the 10th.

Giants lose 4-3

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

We still need a closer!!!

MLB ERA

Giants Win! Giants Win! Great game overall, Lowry was awsome going 6 2/3 IP, 1 er, 8k, 3bb, Winn goes 2-4 2runs, Molina, Bonds and Frandsen drove in all 4 runs, but all of those rbis came with 2 outs in the inning! Great job! Molina hit a 2 out 2rbi double in the 1st, Bonds went 1-1 rbi, 3 bb, Giants win 4-1.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

It's a bout time we won a good game. Lowry was great like you said and owns the Snakes. Bonds is starting to hit more consistently and Molina keeps driving in runs. Let's win this series.

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Lincecum has 9 K's in 4 innings!!!!

MLB ERA

Yup, Klesko just hit a 2run HR!

MLB ERA

4-0 Giants, Bonds just hit a 2 run double, Lewis and Roberts scored.

MLB ERA

Klesko just a hit a single, scoring Durham 5-0 Giants!

painting the roses red. hot_corner_gurl's Avatar
    San Francisco (technically not, but close enough)
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Now it's 8-0, Giants lead. Bengie hit a 3 run shot to left. The Bay Area teams are really breaking out the bats today.

MLB ERA

Yup, I'm pissed off I cant believe I forgot to start Molina on my fantasy team!

painting the roses red. hot_corner_gurl's Avatar
    San Francisco (technically not, but close enough)
    MLB ERA
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsFan83 View Post
    Yup, I'm pissed off I cant believe I forgot to start Molina on my fantasy team!
    That must suck real bad!

De Facto Baseball God
    MLB ERA

Looks like we might just win a series from one of the top dogs in our division. Lincecum with two great starts in a row and Klesko proving that he should be in that lineup every damn day.

Turn 2

Yeah, I think the Giants should be able to hold onto an 13-0 lead heading to the 8th.

MLB ERA

Giants win! Giants take the series!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast